sharetrader
Page 46 of 125 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast
    Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    Brightline test is 10 years? (not 5) so technically not tax free capital gain.

I own enough real estate. It's a hassle, I mean it's not the rates but the maintenance factor. The worse would be being physical, it's a lot more difficult to move (sell). My retirement lifestyle of seeing the world. Say if I wanted to live in another country? Owning real estate to me is like having shackles on my ankles. It does offer the convenience of owning US shares (which are highly liquid to buy and sell). Not to mention easy to change tax residency status if I choose to say move back to Canada.

Then there's the option of putting it all in a trust. But then trusts have all sorts of issues ; you don't really own the assets and upon death, a lot of things can happen that may not work out how the trust was intended. Lawyers + accountants do charge a lot for trust administration. At the moment, the vast bulk of my wealth is outside of NZ where I intent to keep it out of NZ.
    Yep as I thought

What you have quoted here says you don't understand property.

New builds are a 5 year brighline test and if you have a mortgage you can claim on interest.

If you own property and take and income of it why would you want to sell it? It's a gift that just keeps giving.

My accountant, lawyers, property management are such a small cost compared to my overall position in real estate it's laughable.

The only point I agree with is building your wealth outside NZ which I am into 7 figures, unfortunately or fortunately my property portfolio is 8 figures so there is alot of catching up to do.
    Last edited by TeslaGod; 20-09-2021 at 09:26 PM.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I like to think my views are ones that provide hope and opportunity for everyone if they are willing to work hard and make good decisions and that social mobility will continue for all NZers not just those born into wealth.

Making real money isn't kind and caring like your Prime Minister preachers, sometimes you have to step on throats to get what you want.

https://youtu.be/AKvTnpYhfm4

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    Making real money isn't kind and caring like your Prime Minister preachers, sometimes you have to step on throats to get what you want.

https://youtu.be/AKvTnpYhfm4
    More about a level playing field than being kind to the owners of assets.

5.2% gross doesn't sound like the steal of the century but if it is a new build maybe it ends up worth more once finished. All about capital gain and not cashflow so much. I guess I have the wrong way of thinking.

Evergrande, you have such faith in central banks and govt to keep the wealthy whole, even when they get over extended and should go bust. Hope they don't change on you. Unlikely in NZ Adrian Orr seems like a team player.
    Last edited by Aaron; 21-09-2021 at 08:43 AM. Reason: added a bit

Permanent Newbie

Always interested when I see something from the Reserve Bank in the news.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/news...?ocid=msedgntp

I will let you read the article and interpret how you will.

Always interested when I see something from the Reserve Bank in the news.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/news...?ocid=msedgntp

I will let you read the article and interpret how you will.
    I interpreted that my net worth flew to the sky thanks to some wealthy brothers and sisters at Central Banks around the world and obviously Aotearoa.
    Ka Pai Adrian.

Evergrande, you have such faith in central banks and govt to keep the wealthy whole, even when they get over extended and should go bust. Hope they don't change on you. Unlikely in NZ Adrian Orr seems like a team player.
    Evergrande has been falling since January and is down 80% YTD, it's not a black swan event and I'm not worried about it.

The media seems to report a Lemans brothers event every other year.

The S&P 500 is due for a 10% correction and its healthy (unlike the NZ property market lol)

I'm rearranging my share portfolio and increasing my position in my conviction plays.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    I interpreted that my net worth flew to the sky thanks to some wealthy brothers and sisters at Central Banks around the world and obviously Aotearoa.
    Ka Pai Adrian.
    Yep I thought that was a good interpretation.

Nice to see calming words from the RBNZ. No major interest rate increases, we got your back. It must be reassuring when buying at a 5.2% gross yield to know the RBNZ plans to raise rates as little as possible and will drop them as soon as financial markets experience any turbulence.

https://www.interest.co.nz/news/1123...est-rates-more

Housing affordability crisis??? Obviously not at the RBNZ. Grant Robertson has been quoted as saying he wants to see house prices rising but maybe not as fast as they are currently. Michael Savage will be turning in his grave. I would call Grant Robertson a gutless fa**ot on the housing issue but we have all seen the size of his gut.

Aaron mind your language and please be civil.

1million invested into a prime location and with my experience and expertise,I can guarantee it will double by 2026 even if interest rates increase, but that's because I'm prepared to take risks while you top your investments up by $50 per week.. good luck with that, I hope you find retirement before 70.

Guru

Here's Adrian explaining about the role of Te Pūtea Matua and how they are "reaching for those baskets of knowledge in the sky".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1xxzMz1bLo

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Here's Adrian explaining about the role of Te Pūtea Matua and how they are "reaching for those baskets of knowledge in the sky".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1xxzMz1bLo
    Truly wise and kind hearted Matua Adrian Orr is, a very astute generous and knowledgeable man indeed is he.

Let us all have a short karakia that he gets another term as Aotearoas most successful governor!!