sharetrader
Page 3 of 123 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Too many distractions diverting his attention away from the main job I think

Wasn’t bad that after promoting ‘transparency’ the RBNZ banned media and even reporting from a speech to business people recently ...aparently this is what transparency means - “...communicate directly with a group of people who will be better informed after the event than they were at the start. That fits very well with our strategy to communicate more widely.”

Also it seem strange that even though the RBNZ say 4.6% is the best guess of the unemployment rate consistent with keeping inflation low and yet the Reserve Bank has allowed it to fall to 4.4% without considering the need for at least a token OCR hike ...but then saying the next change could be up or down maybe he has considered a hike but is signalling a cut if anything is like. We’ll all suffer in late 2019/2020
    Fruity as hell...

I had high hopes for Orr but he seems to be overreaching his role at every opportunity. We've gone from one extreme to the other...

Clearly not into crypto
    "The death of the currency is much exaggerated at the moment, and likewise the life of a lot of these cryptocurrencies," Orr said.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

IMO

Diversity and Inclusiveness thats our future.No need to be scared, embrace positive change and leave redundant RB habits behind. KEEP UP

"I think we were lagging behind in some places," Orr says. "It's not just tikanga Māori, it's about accepting what future New Zealand looks like. It doesn't look like current New Zealand. It's going to be Polynesian, Asian, European, as opposed to European, Polynesian, Asian" and the bank has to grow with the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Diversity and Inclusiveness thats our future.No need to be scared, embrace positive change and leave redundant RB habits behind. KEEP UP

"I think we were lagging behind in some places," Orr says. "It's not just tikanga Māori, it's about accepting what future New Zealand looks like. It doesn't look like current New Zealand. It's going to be Polynesian, Asian, European, as opposed to European, Polynesian, Asian" and the bank has to grow with the change.

Maybe wishful thinking from the Euro-haters.

http://archive.stats.govt.nz/browse_...2013-2038.aspx

Stats NZ still has European NZ'ers as a comfortable majority of the population out to 2038 (and by inference beyond), so his characterisation is completely bogus. Possibly more worrisome for our treaty partners as they will be shortly overtaken as out largest minority.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lego_Man View Post
    Maybe wishful thinking from the Euro-haters.

http://archive.stats.govt.nz/browse_...2013-2038.aspx

Stats NZ still has European NZ'ers as a comfortable majority of the population out to 2038 (and by inference beyond), so his characterisation is completely bogus. Possibly more worrisome for our treaty partners as they will be shortly overtaken as out largest minority.
    It's going to be European, Asian, Polynesian before anything.

Veteran novice

We seem to be straying well away fom this forum's theme - Investment Strategies.

Good speech by Orr ....good probably because I agree about short termism

https://rbnz.govt.nz/research-and-pu...eech2018-09-07

Orr sounds bored as a RBNZ Governor .....seems more interested in things other than monetary policy (and my opinion he’s not doing that well)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

Excellent read , thanks for the link w69.

yes thanks from me too w69.

Another Orr masterpiece (under guise of RBNZ)

https://rbnz.govt.nz/-/media/Reserve...huta.pdf?la=en
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”