sharetrader
Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    JT , bearing in mind the RBNZ is meant to be independent a link is rather unlikely . But ask yourself why would the Governor one week give it a big ‘ nothing to see here ‘ followed by the next week in unison with the MOF , “ prove it ‘ ?
    I havnt seen or heard this "followed by the next week in unison with the MOF" that is the link im asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I havnt seen or heard this "followed by the next week in unison with the MOF" that is the link im asking for.
    Don't need a 'link' ...its pretty obvious what the motivation for the the meeting with the Bankers Association was .....isn't it

Orr going to be a danger if he carries on like this .....jeez he'smeant to be a Governor of a Central Bank and not a rock star
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

https://www.interest.co.nz/business/...0%99re-playing

Clearly not into crypto
    "The death of the currency is much exaggerated at the moment, and likewise the life of a lot of these cryptocurrencies," Orr said.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

I found this interview with him very helpful and fresh and covering lots to do with our investments and where to from here for us and the planet..

Listenduration 35′ :04″
    "Mr Orr said householders and investors also needed to consider whether they were putting all their financial eggs into one basket when it came to the housing market"

Quoted from the above link. This is something to think about seriously before it is too late.

Hope we are not same as Canada. Good luck for new Governor.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ticle38280148/

Credit quality of Canadian banks under strain: Moody’s
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 06-05-2018 at 07:37 PM.

IMO

Thanks guys. i dont really see an about face. In aus there is a Royal Commission inquiry into misconduct, here the banks are being asked to" prove they are different"

"Reserve Bank Governor Adrian Orr says there is no need for a similar Royal Commission in New Zealand. Orr said the culture of the New Zealand banks is “infinitely better than some of the activity in Australia.”
    Asked if he agrees, Robertson says, “that’s certainly what we have been told."

Thanks guys. i dont really see an about face. In aus there is a Royal Commission inquiry into misconduct, here the banks are being asked to" prove they are different"

"Reserve Bank Governor Adrian Orr says there is no need for a similar Royal Commission in New Zealand. Orr said the culture of the New Zealand banks is “infinitely better than some of the activity in Australia.”
    Asked if he agrees, Robertson says, “that’s certainly what we have been told."
    Question still unanswered is why is Orr even getting involved and asking for them to prove they don’t have a bad culture in NZ

Orr (or RBNZ) banking supervision powers are about the maintenance of a “sound and efficient” financial system .......not about market conduct.

Dangerous if he just wants to be a ‘popular’ governor jumping on every bandwagon ...and seen to be in bed with the MoF

I see our man Adrian making comments about things that RBNZ Governors shouldn’t be involved in (Chch rebuild). Ok if in his old job but not for this job.

He’s becoming a loose cannon

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Question still unanswered is why is Orr even getting involved and asking for them to prove they don’t have a bad culture in NZ

Orr (or RBNZ) banking supervision powers are about the maintenance of a “sound and efficient” financial system .......not about market conduct.

One goes with the other, cant you see the connection.

yes thanks from me too w69.