sharetrader
Page 30 of 125 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
    Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I didn't think I was voting my way to wealth. I thought I was arguing for a fair shake for the next generation. As a successful property investor you might appreciate 30 years of lower interest rates may have helped your capital grow by pushing up house prices at twice the rate of wage growth.

I probably don't understand FOREX but the RBNZ dropping interest rates and pumping money into housing appears not to have been necessary as far as house prices go but I thought these actions would weaken the NZ dollar and make our exchange rate more like a developing nation. I am pretty sure it wasn't intended to strengthen the $NZ.
    Every Central Bank around the world cut there interest rates,if we didn't we would have had a strong NZD and nothing to buy with it last year.It was our exports that kept our economy afloat along with the housing market (capital)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    Tax is evil full stop.....
    So public health, public education, police, defence, disaster relief, border control are evil too? Is John Lennon's Imagine your favourite song?

The hefty capital gains beefed up by the RBNZ interest rate mandate are mostly tax-free for the investors that get them. It is the income earners that have a tax burden.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    So public health, public education, police, defence, disaster relief, border control are evil too? Is John Lennon's Imagine your favourite song?

The hefty capital gains beefed up by the RBNZ interest rate mandate are mostly tax-free for the investors that get them. It is the income earners that have a tax burden.
    An intelligent debate should require a intelligent response.my words are clear.

I repeat.

Tax is evil.
    Last edited by TeslaGod; 04-08-2021 at 11:03 AM.

Permanent Newbie

Every Central Bank around the world cut there interest rates,if we didn't we would have had a strong NZD and nothing to buy with it last year.It was our exports that kept our economy afloat along with the housing market (capital)
    Agreed. much like a developing country.

Would you also agree that Central Bank actions supported(encouraged) the housing market? Govt(not quite but a govt created (but independent) body) intervention making home owners richer while all the people not owning homes just carry on whining about it to the govt. What a pack of useless pr*cks expecting govt policy to make them wealthier. They should do what you do.

Agreed. much like a developing country.

Would you also agree that Central Bank actions supported(encouraged) the housing market? Govt(not quite but a govt created (but independent) body) intervention making home owners richer while all the people not owning homes just carry on whining about it to the govt. What a pack of useless pr*cks expecting govt policy to make them wealthier. They should do what you do.
    I don't think anyone is a useless pr*ck

Just less informed.

Permanent Newbie

I don't think anyone is a useless pr*ck

Just less informed.
    Less informed or just born into the wrong generation, or not born to the right parents.

Less informed or just born into the wrong generation, or not born to the right parents.
    Well I was born into poverty.
    Solo mother ,state house.

So I guess it's up to the individual.

Permanent Newbie

Well I was born into poverty.
    Solo mother ,state house.

So I guess it's up to the individual.
    To a large degree.

I guess John Key also did alright for himself, solo mum, state house.

Out of interest which generation do you fit into, Boomer, X, millennial?

To a large degree.

I guess John Key also did alright for himself, solo mum, state house.

Out of interest which generation do you fit into, Boomer, X, millennial?
    I'm a gen X

Guru

4% unemployment - we'll see what Adrian (and the committee) does with that shortly.