sharetrader
Page 36 of 125 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    I can't be the only person who sees these as positive and good things.

I mean all time highs on the sharemarket

It's a share trading forum.

As a trader why would I be angry at that?
    Not angry ..but how does it make any sense ? Businesses are booming -retailers are feeling rich .Inflation is running..yet the FED must continue to create trillions to buy more debt ?? why ? US. Nominal growth is on fire >>>

IMHO because they know if they don't yields on the Debt will rise some of the word are getting away from the USD and are not interested in Buying up the Trillions in never ending Bonds ...they have their own interests and with over 7 trillion in USD debt held outside the US ...Over many years CB are converting to new Digital Fiats , Gold ...Crypto even,,, etc

As they say never let a Good disaster go to waste pre COVID ...What was the US debt in 2019? $16.8 trillion
    At the end of 2019, federal debt held by the public was $16.8 trillion, equal to about 79 percent of GDP, a higher percentage than at any other time since just after World War II.....along comes COVID oh no we must print like we never have before >>> now Biden comes out with "350mill Americans have been vaccinated" !!

Well ? why isn't there a major tapering ....Higher taxes...higher rates etc ???

Its like feeding medicine to a person thats overcome the sickness ... but not only the same amount of medicine but more and more ....its a PONZI
    Last edited by JBmurc; 07-08-2021 at 10:22 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Not angry ..but how does it make any sense ? Businesses are booming -retailers are feeling rich .Inflation is running..yet the FED must continue to create trillions to buy more debt ?? why ? US. Nominal growth is on fire >>>

IMHO because they know if they don't yields on the Debt will rise some of the word are getting away from the USD and are not interested in Buying up the Trillions in never ending Bonds ...they have their own interests and with over 7 trillion in USD debt held outside the US ...Over many years CB are converting to new Digital Fiats , Gold ...Crypto even,,, etc

As they say never let a Good disaster go to waste pre COVID ...What was the US debt in 2019? $16.8 trillion
    At the end of 2019, federal debt held by the public was $16.8 trillion, equal to about 79 percent of GDP, a higher percentage than at any other time since just after World War II.....along comes COVID oh no we must print like we never have before >>> now Biden comes out with "350mill Americans have been vaccinated" !!

Well ? why isn't there a major tapering ....Higher taxes...higher rates etc ???

Its like feeding medicine to a person thats overcome the sickness ... but not only the same amount of medicine but more and more ....its a PONZI
    Well you're post does sound a little angry.

But I hear what your saying.

Gotta love the (so called) free market.

I've done, lets say more than well.

I'm new to this forum and I seem to be out of sync with my fellow traders, perhaps I need to look at my trading account balances and learn how to get angry at how much they have grown.

On Monday I'll try wringing my fist if the balance grows even higher.

Then I can swear and curse at capitalism and how much freedom it's bought me and my family.

Maybe not.
    Last edited by TeslaGod; 07-08-2021 at 10:54 PM.

Guru

Well you're post does sound a little angry.

But I hear what your saying.

Gotta love the (so called) free market.

I've done, lets say more than well.

I'm new to this forum and I seem to be out of sync with my fellow traders, perhaps I need to look at my trading account balances and learn how to get angry at how much they have grown.

On Monday I'll try wringing my fist if the balance grows even higher.

Then I can swear and curse at capitalism and how much freedom it's bought me and my family.

Maybe not.
    We are still in the bubble. It is easy to feel good about your growing bank balance or capital base. Plenty of people do well in a bubble. A good number may well be in a good position after it bursts. But there will be an awful lot of chairs short, when the game of musical chairs comes to an end and the music stops.

JBmurc is pointing out what must come sooner or later.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    We are still in the bubble. It is easy to feel good about your growing bank balance or capital base. Plenty of people do well in a bubble. A good number may well be in a good position after it bursts. But there will be an awful lot of chairs short, when the game of musical chairs comes to an end and the music stops.

JBmurc is pointing out what must come sooner or later.
    Fair enough.

What's your percentage of cash reserves to buy in a falling market.

Because smart traders (like myself) are always prepared.

Fair enough.

Always good to hear people appreciate the ‘option value of cash’
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Fair enough.

To catch the falling knife LOL >>https://talkmarkets.com/content/bond...un?post=318922

I know since Covid the DEBT bubble is even worse and its not just the USA ... but much of the world I'm sure here in NZ it wouldn't be a pretty picture >>> and some people think they can lift rates LOL
    Last edited by JBmurc; 09-08-2021 at 08:45 AM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Guru

Unfortunately a lot of ill-informed people are going around blithely stating that the current inflation is just 'transitory'.

These people have no idea what is going on in global shipping - please educate yourselves, prices are changing daily and always in an upwards direction. All of these costs are now being passed on, and will continue to be. These pressures are not dissipating.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/300...by-10-per-cent

Katherine Rich, chief executive of the Food and Grocery Council, said Tegel should be commended for its transparency. Many other food suppliers were facing similar cost pressures, she said.

She said Tegel was dealing with concerns that were shared by many other businesses, such as the increasing cost of freight and logistics, increasing labour costs, difficulty getting staff, increasing energy and insurance costs.

“Getting people to work in our factories across our supply base is really hard. If you've got the workforce you’re still struggling to keep up with local production and there’s more overtime.”

Tegel’s bill for chicken feed was increasing as it became harder to get goods into the country, she said.

"I completely understand how shoppers dislike any kind of price increase but in this instance they have little choice.”

A spokeswoman for Countdown said the pressures were industry-wide but no other chicken suppliers had signalled price increases yet.

Guru

To the ignorant and ill-informed who think inflation is transitory, please read:

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/asi...1310116521.htm

New Zealand's construction sector threatened by broken supply chain: industry federation
    Source: Xinhua| 2021-08-09 09:05:10

New Zealand has been dropped off the global supply chain by many construction material suppliers in the wake of COVID-19, threatening to stall the building sector here.

New Zealand Building Industry Federation chief executive Julien Leys said on Monday that post-pandemic business model reviews by global shipping and building supply companies has meant New Zealand is no longer included on their supply routes, with supplies getting only as far as Australia.

That puts additional costs on building supply companies here, to try to get what they need into the country, and Leys said he has spoken to one New Zealand company spending as much as 65,000 New Zealand dollars per week on shipping costs.

The broken supply chain is just one of several unique challenges facing the construction sector, threatening its ability to capitalize on a pipeline of projects, including the government's shovel-ready infrastructure projects and affordable housing targets.

Other hurdles include a skilled labor shortage, rising prices of materials, and reduced margins.

Guru

More here -

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/125...-its-own-ships

Pressure ramps up for NZ to charter its own ships
    Catherine Harris
    07:50, Jul 30 2021

New Zealand exporters are considering banding together to charter their own ships to ensure access to overseas markets.

A group of exporters, importers and other businesses are talking about co-ordinating charters for bulk shipments, as the country continues to struggle with port congestion, sky-high freight costs and post-Covid unreliability.

Inflation is transitory.

But if you prefer to be like ASB and call for a double interest rate hike that's fine.

This will simply widen the wealth gap and make it harder to build an asset base through lower income growth and higher interest rates.

You will fall further behind .

Short term higher inflation is a small price to pay for long term wealth.

The returns I make on leverage dwarf meaningless OCR hikes to me.

The system is designed to benefit the likes of me.