sharetrader
Page 41 of 125 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    Trust me you would rather be poor or middle class in a wealthy country than Wealthy in a developing country due to a breakdown of the financial system from a war or pandemic.
    I would have thought exacerbating the wealth gap would get us to banana republic status faster than addressing asset price inflation and moral hazard.

I am also confused as the one thing wealthy countries have in common is strong institutions such as financial institutions, courts and other public institutions often largely funded by tax which you have described as evil in previous posts.

Based on earlier posts I had assumed you would prefer NZ to be a banana republic with wealth tied up in a few hands.

Also a lack of corruption is important to achieving wealthy status.

I have read discussions as to whether central bank policies are genuinely evil or just stupid. Obviously a matter of opinion as the mainstream have no concerns as long as their houses keep rising in price and in your case understanding what central banks are doing and investing accordingly rather than wait for them to do the right thing.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I would have thought exacerbating the wealth gap would get us to banana republic status faster than addressing asset price inflation and moral hazard.

I am also confused as the one thing wealthy countries have in common is strong institutions such as financial institutions, courts and other public institutions often largely funded by tax which you have described as evil in previous posts.

Based on earlier posts I had assumed you would prefer NZ to be a banana republic with wealth tied up in a few hands.

Also a lack of corruption is important to achieving wealthy status.

I have read discussions as to whether central bank policies are genuinely evil or just stupid. Obviously a matter of opinion as the mainstream have no concerns as long as their houses keep rising in price and in your case understanding what central banks are doing and investing accordingly rather than wait for them to do the right thing.
    Aaron

So many assumptions and inaccuracies.

I shall assume as well shall I .

I have stumbled upon a forum stating Share trading

Buying and ownership of

Property
    Companies
    Equities
    Commodities
    Fixed income and yields etc.

The bastion of capitalism and greed.

Strangely I have fallen down a rabbit hole of extreme green leftist agenda with plans of communism.

I did not realize the moderators of this forum were members of the Green party.

Aaron

That's assuming it doesn't mean it's fact.

Permanent Newbie

Aaron

So many assumptions and inaccuracies.

I shall assume as well shall I .

I have stumbled upon a forum stating Share trading

Buying and ownership of

Property
    Companies
    Equities
    Commodities
    Fixed income and yields etc.

The bastion of capitalism and greed.

Strangely I have fallen down a rabbit hole of extreme green leftist agenda with plans of communism.

I did not realize the moderators of this forum were members of the Green party.

Aaron

That's assuming it doesn't mean it's fact.
    You just mentioned we would all rather be in a wealthy country. I assumed (again incorrectly based on your response) that you had some idea what wealthy countries had in common and what might make wealthy countries wealthy.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

You just mentioned we would all rather be in a wealthy country. I assumed (again incorrectly based on your response) that you had some idea what wealthy countries had in common and what might make wealthy countries wealthy.
    Your prejudices against those with wealth blur your judgment from what is fact and what is fiction.

That is one of my strengths,my emotions do not come into play when making financial decisions.

Permanent Newbie

Your prejudices against those with wealth blur your judgment from what is fact and what is fiction.

That is one of my strengths,my emotions do not come into play when making financial decisions.
    I don't have many prejudices against those with wealth. What I am concerned about is a system that protects the wealthy at the expense of the less well off. That exacerbates the gap between haves and have nots and denies the opportunity for social mobility for younger generations. Or at the very least makes it a lot harder.

I have no problem with people climbing the ladder of success, but I do have a problem with those who having succeeded trying to kick the rungs out of the ladder.

I would have thought someone coming from poverty (state house, solo mum) would share these concerns, but again it appears my assumption is wrong.
    Last edited by Aaron; 16-08-2021 at 08:38 AM.

Permanent Newbie

Based on this reply I also assume you have never considered what makes a country wealthy.

I don't have many prejudices against those with wealth. What I am concerned about is a system that protects the wealthy at the expense of the less well off. That exacerbates the gap between haves and have nots and denies the opportunity for social mobility for younger generations. Or at the very least makes it a lot harder.
    Apart from one's beliefs that they can't achieve wealth, nothing is stopping the younger generations from

Starting a business
    Investing in equities
    Investing in one's self improvement
    Growing an asset base from an early age.

Permanent Newbie

Apart from one's beliefs that they can't achieve wealth, nothing is stopping the younger generations from

Starting a business
    Investing in equities
    Investing in one's self improvement
    Growing an asset base from an early age.
    Would you agree that we are in an everything bubble and finding an investment that is likely to do well over the next decade or so is a lot trickier in a bubble. According to your posts you are not currently investing but waiting for a downturn.

Are you suggesting investing in a bubble?

Would you also agree that low interest rates and easy money are a large part of the reason we are in an everything bubble and your proposals on this website are to extend this by not ever raising interest rates.

The power of positive thinking may have limitations in the real world and all the things you list such as starting a business etc while laudable, but it is a lot harder in a highly inflationary and uncertain environment. Isn't loose monetary policy and additional debt adding to the uncertainty. If we want to see young people get ahead why make it harder to do so.

Would you agree that we are in an everything bubble and finding an investment that is likely to do well over the next decade or so is a lot trickier in a bubble. According to your posts you are not currently investing but waiting for a downturn.

Are you suggesting investing in a bubble?

Would you also agree that low interest rates and easy money are a large part of the reason we are in an everything bubble and your proposals on this website are to extend this by not ever raising interest rates.

The power of positive thinking may have limitations in the real world and all the things you list such as starting a business etc while laudable, but it is a lot harder in a highly inflationary and uncertain environment. Isn't loose monetary policy and additional debt adding to the uncertainty. If we want to see young people get ahead why make it harder to do so.
    A bubble is a word people use who are afraid of things that go bump in the night.

If you believe we're in bubble why not short companies or if housing is in a bubble why not short the bank's?

I'm always looking for great investments .
    I love picking winner's.

There's thousands of growth companies and thousands of ways to grow your wealth.

Educate yourself and learn how to find these opportunities.

Perhaps if you worked on being that person , your comments would be much more inspiring and uplifting.

I look forward to every day I have left on this planet, you seem like you can't wait until it's over.

Cheer up lad.

You only get one life

Use it wisely.

Permanent Newbie

Cheer up lad.

You only get one life

Use it wisely.
    Finally some advice I can agree with and that makes sense. Not entirely sure how to action that last line though.

Not sure how you would short housing but shorting aussie banks or other companies risks more than 100% of your capital and I have no idea how long the central banks can keep the bubble inflated. I suspect a lot longer, young people are mortgaging themselves quite heavily to enter the housing market and based on the "hatch" ads we are only just starting to see retail investors entering the stockmarket.

I will try and act on your last bit of advice though, starting by not posting on this site unless it is something actually related to investment.