sharetrader
Page 45 of 125 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
    Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Prices go down 10% ?

Please don't make me laugh. I plan on fact not fallacy, The Central Banks were just trying to help me out. Who am I to complain?

The point is as article states and I have stated as well its only going to get worse, the wealth gap will only grow.

The question is what are you going to do about it? Get angry at me while I smirk and ignore your plight?

It's a big bad world Aaron you need to figure that out sooner or later.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    The question is what are you going to do about it?
    Buy a guillotine, and wait.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Buy a guillotine, and wait.
    Well while you're waiting, my networth increased more than should legally be allowed, I hope your not teaching your kids to hope and wait..they will end up working poor like you.

Permanent Newbie

Well while you're waiting, my networth increased more than should legally be allowed, I hope your not teaching your kids to hope and wait..they will end up working poor like you.
    Surprisingly good advice. A few investments I passed on because the yield was not good enough. Bad call when capital gain is the name of the game.

I am assuming you have residential rentals. What hurdle rate or required "net yield" do you need before investing. What capital gain do you tack on to justify the purchase.

If I recall correctly you are currently waiting for a better time to invest.

Evergrande in China might be the first domino to fall, you never know. At an 8.25% bond it sounds a lot like NZ finance companies back in the GFC.

Surprisingly good advice. A few investments I passed on because the yield was not good enough. Bad call when capital gain is the name of the game.

I am assuming you have residential rentals. What hurdle rate or required "net yield" do you need before investing. What capital gain do you tack on to justify the purchase.

If I recall correctly you are currently waiting for a better time to invest.

Evergrande in China might be the first domino to fall, you never know. At an 8.25% bond it sounds a lot like NZ finance companies back in the GFC.
    There's deal's out there you just have to find them, I'm working on a dual income(52k in rent) new apartment in Newmarket,I'm deciding if I should sell some US shares to purchase cash for 1m.Thats a bargain with expected capital gains, but my shares are doing so well, what to do what to do,so much money so many options.

Gordon Gekko was so right Greed is definitely good.
    Last edited by TeslaGod; 20-09-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Permanent Newbie

There's deal's out there you just have to find them, I'm working on a dual income(52k in rent) new apartment in Newmarket,I'm deciding if I should sell some US shares to purchase cash for 1m.Thats a bargain with expected capital gains, but my shares are doing so well, what to do what to do,so much money so many options.

Gordon Gekko was so right Greed is definitely good.
    5.2% net or gross. Rates and body corp to come off?

5.2% net or gross. Rates and body corp to come off?
    Gross, I don't need the cashflow not needing a mortgage for it, I'm trying to diversify outside property but these bargains keep showing up.

I'm confident it will be worth 2m in 5 years after covid CGT free..SBQ will like that!

Decisions decisions.
    Last edited by TeslaGod; 20-09-2021 at 05:52 PM.

I can't see the CCP letting a Lehman brothers happen, regulators will most likely engineer a restructure of 300b debt to contain fall out and damage to Chinese economy.

No you won't find it on TradeMe

It's for an exclusive club of Wealthy investors like everything else in NZ.

Gross, I don't need the cashflow not needing a mortgage for it, I'm trying to diversify outside property but these bargains keep showing up.

I'm confident it will be worth 2m in 5 years after covid CGT free..SBQ will like that!

Decisions decisions.
    Brightline test is 10 years? (not 5) so technically not tax free capital gain.

I own enough real estate. It's a hassle, I mean it's not the rates but the maintenance factor. The worse would be being physical, it's a lot more difficult to move (sell). My retirement lifestyle of seeing the world. Say if I wanted to live in another country? Owning real estate to me is like having shackles on my ankles. It does offer the convenience of owning US shares (which are highly liquid to buy and sell). Not to mention easy to change tax residency status if I choose to say move back to Canada.

Then there's the option of putting it all in a trust. But then trusts have all sorts of issues ; you don't really own the assets and upon death, a lot of things can happen that may not work out how the trust was intended. Lawyers + accountants do charge a lot for trust administration. At the moment, the vast bulk of my wealth is outside of NZ where I intent to keep it out of NZ.