sharetrader
Page 54 of 125 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
    Permanent Newbie

As Michael Cullen (RIP) once said. I don't mind the idea of people climbing the ladder of success, but don't like the idea of kicking out the rungs on the ladder once your at the top.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    As Michael Cullen (RIP) once said. I don't mind the idea of people climbing the ladder of success, but don't like the idea of kicking out the rungs on the ladder once your at the top.
    Your too soft Aaron

Your no investor

Making money changes who you are

You have to be prepared to lose family and friends

You have to step on throats to get what you want

You don't have it in you to make real money, stick to your Sharesies account topping it up $10 a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    So none of the US stocks you own have been affected by actions of the US Federal Reserve?
    That would be senseless to believe interest rates have no impact on equity returns. However certain sectors performed better than others despite what ever interest rates are set. It's more important to choose the company that has a long term vision and good management than some high flyer new SPAC company that has no proven record, income, nor product. Also there's the bad luck element, it's not uncommon for listed companies to go bankrupt in a market crash despite prior to the crash, their financials were perfectly sound. I suppose when the market place changes (consuming habits change, job losses from the market crash, etc.), so does the company. I mean I would not of though Toys R Us or Chapters would of gone bust. What i'm saying is picking stocks to invest in is FAR MORE riskier than picking houses to invest in. You don't need the central bank to dictate the outcomes of the stock market unless you're invested in a broad index ETF.

Quote Originally Posted by TeslaGod View Post
    Your too soft Aaron

Your no investor

You don't have it in you to make real money, stick to your Sharesies account topping it up $10 a week.
    As Tom Vu would say, "If you want to be rich.. you have to got GUTS my man!"
    IMO, his TV infomercials in the late 80s was where it all started. Modern Robert Kyosaki, Ken Lok, etc guys charging massive fees for 1 seminar after another dealing in real estate were all knock off of the Tom Vu gig 30+ years ago. Oddly, his net worth is less than 8 figures.

TeslaGod, you may have guts in the NZ real estate market but I have far more guts than you in my equity investing experience.

Auckland the only city that matters with the best looking Investors and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    As

TeslaGod, you may have guts in the NZ real estate market but I have far more guts than you in my equity investing experience. :cool:
    Please, don't make me laugh.

https://youtu.be/tiOUVG3YSzc

Please, don't make me laugh.

https://youtu.be/tiOUVG3YSzc
    SBQ

I checked out your profile, it's literally you and Crypto Crude talking about crayfish.

Just leave the investment advice to the big boys okay.

Guru

Your too soft Aaron

Your no investor

You're no speller.
    You are wrong - you don't have to be an a*hole to be successful.
    To get to the top you don't have to stomp on those below - that's a coward's way.
    That's how losers do it - smart people don't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    You're no speller.
    You are wrong - you don't have to be an a*hole to be successful.
    To get to the top you don't have to stomp on those below - that's a coward's way.
    That's how losers do it - smart people don't need to.
    Oh how sad

Go tell someone who cares

Obviously not me.

https://youtu.be/GZCmWkQuyPc
    Last edited by TeslaGod; 16-10-2021 at 12:46 PM.

I made more money this week than most people earn in a year.

Hope this helps.

Xoxo

Permanent Newbie

Your too soft Aaron

Your no investor

Good to see someone typing more bulls*it than me on this thread.

An opinion piece in the herald behind the paywall but in summary.

To my mind, and I have written at length previously, simply raising interest rates is too blunt an instrument and the risk of financial instability too high.

While I support the need to start normalising interest rates over a measured timeframe, both the public and private sector are going to need to think more laterally or run the risk of destabilising an already uncertain economic recovery.

• Mark Fowler is the head of investments at Hobson Wealth. This article contains market commentary and factual information only and does not constitute financial advice.

The central banks of the world have been doing Mark Fowler's job for him for the last 20 years at least. I don't follow him so probably missed the article where he said lowering interest rates was too blunt an instrument and the risk of financial instability too high. But no doubt he has raised these concerns as the drops in interest rates seem to be much larger and more sudden than the gradual rises. This is the sort of bull**it I would expect from a TeslaGod not an objective contributor to the NZ Herald.

No doubt this is also a view Adrian Orr shares.
    Last edited by Aaron; 18-10-2021 at 10:34 AM.