sharetrader
Page 83 of 124 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast

its not his Maori metaphors that concern me , other than that they are a distraction. I actually think they are the right way for an org such as a RB to play the Maori card
    But his inability to read the tea leaves and sell those bonds he bought at the worst time ever., that is a sacking offence.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    its not his Maori metaphors that concern me , other than that they are a distraction. I actually think they are the right way for an org such as a RB to play the Maori card
    But his inability to read the tea leaves and sell those bonds he bought at the worst time ever., that is a sacking offence.
    He probably does the Maori stuff to try to earn browny points with the government, in the hope they overlook his incompetence.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I did see a note in the herald this morning but it highlighted how the media is more about s**t stirring than educating. A rare occasion for me to agree with David Seymour, although he would comment as he is busy picking up the white pommy racist vote from NZ First...
    Oh my, I thought the ‘pommy” immigrants were the Union stirrers - which would suggest support for Labour or the Greens. Perhaps the pejorative racist term “pommy” is used against whichever group is being criticised? White “Horis?’

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Oh my, I thought the ‘pommy” immigrants were the Union stirrers - which would suggest support for Labour or the Greens. Perhaps the pejorative racist term “pommy” is used against whichever group is being criticised? White “Horis?’
    Probably a bit unfair, union reps or soccer coaches for sure but I had heard that NZ First had a lot of supporters from the white flight from the UK, probably baseless and untrue. Apologies to all that were offended.

I am like a human facebook page or social media page deliberately provoking people to get engagement.

I hope this does not detract from the vitriol for Adrian and his policies. Maybe just his policies as Adrian is probably a nice enough person face to face. It is just that his policies and lunacy are denying social mobility and opportunity to a large portion of the population and as noted by David Seymour particularly Maori.

Post edited to be less inflammatory.
    Last edited by Aaron; 16-06-2022 at 04:26 PM.

Permanent Newbie

June 2021 podcast. I guess we will see if this is still true in a year or two.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/progr...ly-column-ever

Interesting that Robertson getting Adrian to consider house prices the wording is "sustainability" not "affordability"

They want to sustain house prices not make them affordable, that is how you win elections.
    Last edited by Aaron; 18-06-2022 at 04:08 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I hope this does not detract from the vitriol for Adrian and his policies. Maybe just his policies as Adrian is probably a nice enough person face to face. It is just that his policies and lunacy are denying social mobility and opportunity to a large portion of the population and as noted by David Seymour particularly Maori.

Post edited to be less inflammatory.
    Sure...although it is mostly government policies, both Liebah and Nishnul, that have created a NZ gentry and peasantry.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Sure...although it is mostly government policies, both Liebah and Nishnul, that have created a NZ gentry and peasantry.
    I have been saying for a while there is no difference between Labour and National on important issues. Jacinda has said the same things as John Key around capital gains tax and national superannuation. They have played around with housing, they may even be partly responsible for the increase in supply but they never addressed demand i.e. immigration and monetary policy that still believes in the trickle down theory.

Don't blame the politicians they can't win unless they pander to the home owners of NZ. Maybe vote for some other party that promises real change at the next election.
    Last edited by Aaron; 19-06-2022 at 10:56 AM.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Mister Reddell hands Mister Orr an excruciatingly detailed b*ll*cking. . .

https://croakingcassandra.com/2022/0...pomp-and-show/

Permanent Newbie

They talk about keynesian economics but really it is the John Law school of economics that current central bankers are following.

An opinion piece from the NZ initiative so surprising as I would have thought they would be very pro trickle down economics. Maybe even they see the actions of the central banks as too extraordinary since 2008.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...EU5EGNKLCOYSE/

Confirmation bias reading in the herald this morning. An economist pointing out how the older generation keeps shi**ing on the younger generation and some are starting to give up hope. Points out as I have that neither Labour or National will change this, as selfish older ar*eholes will continue to vote for who ever promises them the most. Labour did it last time with its covid policy last time and I suspect national will this time with tax cuts for the better off half of society(read older generation).

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/robert...6KSDUUOSWMHK4/

I guess being locked out of housing or wealth creating assets unless you want to accept ridiculously low yields and becoming a debt slave. At the same time you are saving for your retirement through Kiwisaver (because we all know that national super will become unaffordable only after the last boomer is on board) while paying off your student debt and paying tax to fund the overly generous and unfunded national superannuation of the older generation who did not save for their retirement.

I still can't understand why young people are not really really angry.
    Last edited by Aaron; 30-06-2022 at 08:11 AM.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Out of idle curiosity, will NZ Super start to become affordable once the boomers start dying off?

When is peak boomer, anyway?