sharetrader
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    IMO

Hi, ive heard Regal are one of the better funds with a great track record,as you say.LSF has a way to go to prove itself and is still in the red from its listing price.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
    Hi JT interested to see your posts as I've just been looking into Regal's high performing long-short funds - esp as they now have an LIC on asx. Apart from also having highish fees, Regal do appeal for their long term track record under Philip King (see recent livewire interviews)... several of their funds went through the GFC finishing flat for 2008 (while asx was down c50%), likewise during 2011 downturn, and all have very good to excellent average long term returns.
    Of course I'd be happy to hear any contrary views; still haven't made up my mind.
    FYI, Regal's offices were visited by ASIC yesterday under a search warrant, with an investigation being carried out into the trading of 'certain securities'.

Philip King of Regal has been subject to an ASIC enforceable undertaking in the past relating to trading in Ten Network shares.

Watch this space.

IMO

IMO

Latest NTA$1.7162
    S/P $1.16 biggest discount ever i think. Why?

Joshua tree, which company is this?

IMO

Have a lazy scroll back youngster.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Latest NTA$1.7162
    Something to do with the fact that investors don't know what's in the portfolio, plus the last time there was a market correction (late 2018) the fund lost 14% in 4 months and 26.6% in the year. (vs. -2.8% for the ASX200). So no evidence of ability to protect capital in a down market. In fact, evidence of no ability to protect capital in a down market.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Latest NTA$1.7162
    NTA is down -16% this month so far.

FYI Regal's 'high performing' Atlantic fund was down -32% in February - god knows what March will be like.

LSF portfolio returned -22.9% in March, below the index. Regal Atlantic was down almost 60% in one month. Salt Long short lost 14%. So much for downside protection by ‘absolute return’ fund managers.