sharetrader
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IMO

Playing a longer game with this one giving it year. before i let my savage out. Set and forget until it starts dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Prospectus

This listed recently, shares issued at $2. Latest price $2.Demand great with re double plus original mkt cap. 70% in Aus, NZ.
    Track record of re 30% plus return per annum.Fees on any profits 20% no hurdle.Timing is good volatility wise. Have a few indirectly.

L1 Capital hands back 'material' amount of capital to wholesale clients
    al videos)."[/FONT]
    Great concept but I find the fees grossly objectionable. 20% without any hurdle is blatant price gouging in my opinion. When you consider this is primarily an Australasian investment (70% in N.Z. or Australia) people are probably better picking their own longs and taking some protection on the downside through index futures or some other method. You might want to think about a 15% stop loss...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

I agree re the fees, said the same thing to myself. But if they do follow their past track record in returns i will be happy. Holding indirectly with the thought that the bull mkt may be ending soon and volatility is a strong likelihood, so a small slight hedge to our portfolio. Not something to look at and fret about daily or weekly.Planning on year then reviewing unless something calamitous happens with the s/p.

Stop losses are for traders,LSF is in our investment portfolio. i hardly ever use them for my small trading portfolio either but understand it being useful to some traders. I cant see the IRD going along with an "investment" stock with a stop loss on it but value your knowledge there Beagle.

As far as I'm aware you're entitled to take reasonable measures to protect your capital...so I can't see any issue with utilizing a stop loss but as you say, its a small part of your overall portfolio so you might as well let it ride and see what happens. I agree 100% that we live in interesting times. That said a few experts on CNBC have been saying lately that the S&P 500 is trading on just over 16 times forward earnings so the tax cuts over there seem to have worked some magic...at least for now.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-07-2018 at 02:25 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Still tracking down in NTA as some may expect , with the Bull mkt intact. .Re 6 directors have bought shares in decent numbers on market in the last month.
    NTA $1.66 s/p $1.68. low has been re $1.65

IMO

One of the few stocks up today. Has its time come to shine? a good hedge for ones portfolio if volatility stays /increases.

IMO

Been a dog and an embarrassment and brickbats to Craigs for one who pumped it as a low risk conservative investment. They have downgraded it.

But an interesting read with lots of info about the mkts and their current faves.Chorus is a strong pick(long) with spending on fibre peaking and gains ahead.
    Download Document 996.85KB

IMO

Took a punt today (instead of latitude), chart looking way better and their performance looks to be improving at last.We will see.
    Monthly Investment Report September 2019

IMO

An easy 10% for me atpit. 18% so far this year. Qrtly below
    Download Document 1.59MB

A good read up and research on ILU Iluka (the some of the parts).

Hi JT interested to see your posts as I've just been looking into Regal's high performing long-short funds - esp as they now have an LIC on asx. Apart from also having highish fees, Regal do appeal for their long term track record under Philip King (see recent livewire interviews)... several of their funds went through the GFC finishing flat for 2008 (while asx was down c50%), likewise during 2011 downturn, and all have very good to excellent average long term returns.
    Of course I'd be happy to hear any contrary views; still haven't made up my mind.
    Last edited by DarkHorse; 12-11-2019 at 09:10 PM.