sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHC Airport

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Default CHC Airport

Notwithstanding that it all comes down to price...but would anyone here be interested if there was a partial float of this particular asset?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/ne...1-billion?rm=m

My vote = definitely...

I used to own shares in Lyttelton Port and did quite nicely out of them.

I am light on local infrastructure shares so would definitely have a look at it with a positive eye.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvestercat View Post
    notwithstanding that it all comes down to price...but would anyone here be interested if there was a partial float of this particular asset?

my vote = definitely...
    absolutely interested...and its about time this asset was monetised for benefit of many. Whats so special and precious about chch that they havent seen the light on this one. ?

And auckland should think about privatising their bridge to fund a tunnel , another bridge, and public traffic solutions to their airport.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    Notwithstanding that it all comes down to price...but would anyone here be interested if there was a partial float of this particular asset?

My vote = definitely...
    Would certainly be interested. Especially if there was an OK dividend that seemed secure associated with them.

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    absolutely interested...and its about time this asset was monetised for benefit of many. Whats so special and precious about chch that they havent seen the light on this one. ?

And auckland should think about privatising their bridge to fund a tunnel , another bridge, and public traffic solutions to their airport.
    CHC not the only one - lets not forget Auckland City holds a large chunk of AIA also. As does Wellington City (as a minority against a major shareholder no less) hold WLG Airport.
    At least CCC could argue it has made them good coin...not sure WCC could say that.

But yes, I do think a float would be a good idea.

Very interested. I live down the road, every time I go there I'm amazed at how much it is growing. My neighbour is part of their management. From what he tells me of their culture I would be confident to be an investor.
    Last edited by bohemian; 26-06-2018 at 07:14 PM.

percy

Yes I would put my hand up,but only if Christchurch City Council retained ownership below 50%.
    After their very poor governance with The Lyttleton Port Co,I would not trust them in control of a listed company again..
    Last edited by percy; 26-06-2018 at 07:52 PM.

Not quite the same thing, but I do have some of their 6.25% bonds that mature late 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes I would put my hand up,but only if Christchurch City Council retained ownership below 50%.
    After their very poor governance with The Lyttleton Port Co,I would not trust them in control of a listed company again..
    Playing Captain Obvious here, but they can retain effective control with far less than a 50% shareholding.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor View Post
    Playing Captain Obvious here, but they can retain effective control with far less than a 50% shareholding.
    Yes and no.
    Yes a strong shareholder with 20% to 30% can effectively control a company.
    No to have ChCh City Council retain control they would unlikely go under 50%.
    Best out come for potential shareholders would be for ChCh City Council to sell out.
    With The People's Republic of ChCh ,controlling ChCh City council, that will not happen.
    Last edited by percy; 26-06-2018 at 08:05 PM.