sharetrader

Question Deploying a large chunk of capital for interest

I have a decent amount of cash I would like to invest for interest on a platform like LC or Squirrel, but I find it takes several months to get relatively small amounts of capital deployed and working for you.

In one of the hundreds of posts here, I recall someone posted a link to a company that was associated with LC, Squirrel or Harmony, but was more like a traditional finance company. Can anyone recall it, or any other suggestions? I have come across this outfit also http://www.southerncrosspartners.co.nz/

TBH I was too young around the time of the GFC and finance company collapses to realise what happened with investors in those at that time, so any advice appreciated. I have been more of a share person only to date but don't want to put this money in shares. I have never bought bonds either.

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    I have a decent amount of cash I would like to invest for interest on a platform like LC or Squirrel, but I find it takes several months to get relatively small amounts of capital deployed and working for you.

In one of the hundreds of posts here, I recall someone posted a link to a company that was associated with LC, Squirrel or Harmony, but was more like a traditional finance company. Can anyone recall it, or any other suggestions? I have come across this outfit also http://www.southerncrosspartners.co.nz/

TBH I was too young around the time of the GFC and finance company collapses to realise what happened with investors in those at that time, so any advice appreciated. I have been more of a share person only to date but don't want to put this money in shares. I have never bought bonds either.
    I was in the same situation. Went here : Negotiate for a 5 Year rate! ( They own Lending Crowd )

https://www.financedirect.co.nz/Cate...Category_id=93

www.zagga.co.nz may be of interest...for property loans secured by 1st mortgage. Terms of 6 months - 2 years usually, interest rates of around 6.5% to 10%. Loan values from $40k to $500k in investment blocks of $1000. Not a busy marketplace though...maybe 1 - 3 loans per month??? Was formerly called LendMe. There is a thread or two on this forum for Zagga.

They only have 200 loans and they will roll quickly. It is advisable to spread your money around to get the benefits of diversification. It takes time to build a balanced portfolio....

it will be interesting to see how all these second and third tier loan intermediaries fare when there is the next serious recession
    but the higher returns are there if you are prepared to accept that risk.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Can you still diversify across a couple of companies. That way if one folds you don't lose it all