sharetrader
    Membaa

Default Registering for Sharetrader - what email addresses are valid?

Quote Originally Posted by Patient Panda View Post
    This is my first post on this forum. I have been reading here religiously for at least 3 years and have tried to make an account several times but was always unable without access to an ISP email address. This is one reason I would suggest for the high viewership to poster number ratio.
    Quote Originally Posted by whome View Post
    Message to moderator. I Agree with PP. I know a number of share savvy people who would like to take part in this forum but simply gave up trying to get onto it. Frustrating.
    My understanding is that around the time Vodafone culled all it's email addresses, Sharetrader removed the ISP-only email address registration and opened up to @gmail @hotmail etc. For example, I changed my registered email from an @vodabaloney to an @gmail address.

I'll cross post this to the Sharetrader Back Office thread for STMOD to comment, the BGR folks might not appreciate an off topic discussion here.

i seem to recall I had to change to an isp based addy when my ihug (vodafone) email address was culled as you put it.
    But the more relaxed option may have been offered since then.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

This happened to me as well. As my ISP doesn't provide mailbox(it's 2019, nobody will use ISP address), I had to use company mail to register. This is problematic as in case of changing job's, I won't have access to the mailbox.

Nowadays, due to gmail and other free mail provides, there is no need for ISP's to provide mailboxes. With RECAPTCHA it is fairly easy to avoid bots to create random accounts as well. And it might even encourage more people to register, gain knowledge from the forums and start buying shares.
    Last edited by peetter; 23-11-2019 at 11:42 AM.