sharetrader
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Regulatory risk for AIA. Airlines industry group are currently bleating louder than lambs lost from their mothers about AIA's excess monopolistic return on investments. Growth has slowed lately but the PE is still very high.
    The reason I favour SKC over AIA (comparable because they are both plugged into the tourism sector) is that with the former, the next decade's capital expenditure is either done or at least underway and budgeted for. Who knows how much the new terminals and second runway at AIA will end up costing?

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    The reason I favour SKC over AIA (comparable because they are both plugged into the tourism sector) is that with the former, the next decade's capital expenditure is either done or at least underway and budgeted for. Who knows how much the new terminals and second runway at AIA will end up costing?

SNOOPY
    Stolwyk was a much loved poster of years ago - he always said that AIA and SKC were twins ...fortunes intertwined as he said.

Foundation shares in his portfolio
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post

SNOOPY
    Fair enough Snoopy but this hound has great trouble accepting it on his conscience the social harm SKC does. Even their buffet's are bad for you lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Stolwyk was a much loved poster of years ago - he always said that AIA and SKC were twins ...fortunes intertwined as he said.

Foundation shares in his portfolio
    theres a name from the old days , clever fella that stolwyk was
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    theres a name from the old days , clever fella that stolwyk was
    I should have learned more from him but I was young and thought I knew everything better and he was a coot. Sometimes age does put some sense in one's brain.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Never expected to inherit anything from great great uncle Rudolf Percy,so it comes as a big surprise.Certainly don't need it,having prospered under my own steam,so even in ten years time it will make no difference to our lifestyle, or way of life,so might just as well have some fun with it.
    PAZ on NZ Unlisted market is company that could be worth 20 to 50 times the under 10 cents it is trading at currently,in 10 years time.
    They are an innovative developer,manufacturer and marketer of science based,natural nutritional products.
    www.waitakibio.com

PS.Another company, like A2, started by the late Howard Paterson.
    Disc My wife and I hold.
    Well the $1mil has grown to $1,857,142 and looks "well positioned."
    Last edited by percy; 10-04-2019 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Berkshire's basic criteria

HLG? Excpet the criterion 1
    Last edited by pg0220; 10-04-2019 at 08:53 AM.

CRP or AOR

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well the $1mil has grown to $1,857,142 and looks "well positioned."
    After reading the latest ann ( Aprils ) I think that at long last PAZ could be on the right track now, the next financial ann will be interesting reading Im picking.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    After reading the latest ann ( Aprils ) I think that at long last PAZ could be on the right track now, the next financial ann will be interesting reading Im picking.
    The result to 31st December and their annual report are at www.usx.co.nz
    The business has certainly been de-risked, with three three major operations,extraction,freeze drying and bone grinding.
    The balance sheet is strong,skill management added ,and a very bright out look.I will learn more at their agm in May.