sharetrader
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    That is correct l, because no one would put the full one million into one stock. Still a lovely survey and I would love to see this thread in 10 years time and hear from people on this thread who advised.
    Whatever amount you put in it would be nice to have one share you could walk away from for 10 years.
    h2

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    That is correct l, because no one would put the full one million into one stock. Still a lovely survey and I would love to see this thread in 10 years time and hear from people on this thread who advised.
    Why not? Its on its way there with quite a bit of leverage

Interesting thread, probably best answered with shares I've held for 15yrs, 11yrs, 8yrs and 7yrs respectively- FRE, MFT, IFT and RYM. I'd keep them all for another 10yrs. Of the four, I'd choose MFT, although it's my smallest holding.
    Last edited by lissica; 27-06-2018 at 07:35 PM.

I’ve held RBD for about 10 years .....amazing eh. No idea what the return has been but from about $1 to $8 it must have been pretty good. But selecting one stock for the next ten years it wouldn’t be RBD

I have had SUM for about 6 years and done very well. My inheritance would go into more SUM for the next 10 years
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I've had FRE for just over 5 years - approx 80% gain + Dividends.
    Still think they should continue to do well with more online shopping as time goes on - picked SUM though, better propects as mentioned

Guru

Interesting choice.Will Ryman have same headwinds in Australia?
    RetireAustralia Industry headwinds sees lower rate of resales, long-term demographic tailwinds remain Financial • Underlying profit A$34.5 million, a decrease from A$59.1 million in FY17 with key drivers: - Resales cashflow down from A$36.4 million to A$31.1 million, consistent with lower resale volumes across the sector as a result of current industry headwinds - Lower development margin in FY18 (A$8.3 million vs A$14.9 million) due to a lower volume of new units sold (51 vs 105), partially offset by a higher average sale price ($621.6k vs $571.5k)
    http://www.4-traders.com/RYMAN-HEALT...72/financials/
    http://www.4-traders.com/INFRATIL-LT...31/financials/

I am also interested why AIA has not been chosen, diverse income, moat like business, surely it is a standout!

Quote Originally Posted by voltage View Post
    I am also interested why AIA has not been chosen, diverse income, moat like business, surely it is a standout!
    Regulatory risk for AIA. Airlines industry group are currently bleating louder than lambs lost from their mothers about AIA's excess monopolistic return on investments. Growth has slowed lately but the PE is still very high. I'd have quite SUM number of companies ahead of them but from a moat perspective and long term international visitor arrivals growth point of view I can certainly see where you're coming from.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-06-2018 at 10:21 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

I would think SUM,RYM etc are equally prone to regulatory risk. POT imo is least likely to have risk in this area imo but happy for a robust debate.

is RYM the rolls royce of the retirement sector, or is SUM just as good? Also, looking long term 10years plus is AIA a better moat than POT?