sharetrader
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Membaa

Remember USX has next to no rules, it's like the wild west gold rush, you could strike gold or go bust. But as Perky says, there's some solid companies and some with great growth potential, if you can stomach the illiquidity and minimal disclosure.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Remember USX has next to no rules, it's like the wild west gold rush, you could strike gold or go bust. But as Perky says, there's some solid companies and some with great growth potential, if you can stomach the illiquidity and minimal disclosure.
    Might not be the best place for a novice Bear to play perhaps. Think Perky Percy has a nice ring to it Baa Baa

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Might not be the best place for a novice Bear to play perhaps. Think Perky Percy has a nice ring to it Baa Baa
    If you think about it, the one thing percy says over and over again is [paraphrased] 'do your research'.

One can't deny him the kudos for that as it is the most fundamental aspect of investing, truely understanding what you're putting your money into, and yet imo so few really bother to do it.

We are not buying or selling someone's opinion on an internet discussion group, we are putting our hard earned $ to work in some company that we believe in because we know enough to believe in it and that will make us handsome rewards as its' investors, or gets us out when it isn't doing what we expect it to do.

USX provides another vehicle to invest, but just that bit more challenging to understand as it requires so much less disclosure by the company, which makes understanding it that much more difficult. However it's not to be ignored, if you have the wherewithal to apply the fortitude in doing what percy says, know the company, decide, invest or not, stay the course, until it changes, then get out.

Is that a fair summary percy?

percy

If you think about it, the one thing percy says over and over again is [paraphrased] 'do your research'.

One can't deny him the kudos for that as it is the most fundamental aspect of investing, truely understanding what you're putting your money into, and yet imo so few really bother to do it.

We are not buying or selling someone's opinion on an internet discussion group, we are putting our hard earned $ to work in some company that we believe in because we know enough to believe in it and that will make us handsome rewards as its' investors, or gets us out when it isn't doing what we expect it to do.

USX provides another vehicle to invest, but just that bit more challenging to understand as it requires so much less disclosure by the company, which makes understanding it that much more difficult. However it's not to be ignored, if you have the wherewithal to apply the fortitude in doing what percy says, know the company, decide, invest or not, stay the course, until it changes, then get out.

Is that a fair summary percy?
    Yes.
    Research,research and then a bit more research.
    Look at it as though you are looking to buy the whole company.
    I sometimes like comparing market cap.Say looking at three companies with a market cap of say $200 mil.Which one would I buy.Company,a,b,or c.
    Which one does what they say they will do,which one has the least debt,which one has the best cash flow.
    If I owned the whole company would I do what management are doing.Are the management honest,do they speak openly.
    And I will add a bit to what BaaBaa pointed out.If you have it wrong get out straight away.ie if the reasons you brought in are no longer valid get out.
    This is different from a business having a setback.All businesses have setbacks.ie Michael Hill has changed from a discounter to full "value" retailer.So "business model" no longer was working.New model not working either, so sell.Mainfreight got Europe wrong.Their business model was sound,so they fixed Europe.Hold.
    Again buy a good company at a fair price,rather than a fair company at a good price.

Because nzx is so well regulated with companies making great decisions and keeping market up to date. Little beauts like SML.

Guru

There may be no rules, but any Limited Liability company still has to play the the rules of the Companies Act 1993 (don't quote me on the date). Plenty of protection in there for minority shareholders. But granted there will be no such things like having to have 2 independent directors, continuous disclosure etc. But sometimes I wonder if those companies on the NZX abide by those rules anyway. WYN, PEB etc spring to mind.
    Last edited by blackcap; 01-06-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Above posted 25-05-2019.
    Another good week,.Inheritance is now $2,071,428.up $71,428 this week.
    Wonder what the coming week will bring.?

Well done Percy! Thats pretty impressive in fact I would say you are very well positioned!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Well done Percy! Thats pretty impressive in fact I would say you are very well positioned!
    We....are "well positioned"....together.....Good way to be...lol

We....are "well positioned"....together.....Good way to be...lol
    Thats true thanks Percy

Never expected to inherit anything from great great uncle Rudolf Percy,so it comes as a big surprise.Certainly don't need it,having prospered under my own steam,so even in ten years time it will make no difference to our lifestyle, or way of life,so might just as well have some fun with it.
    PAZ on NZ Unlisted market is company that could be worth 20 to 50 times the under 10 cents it is trading at currently,in 10 years time.
    They are an innovative developer,manufacturer and marketer of science based,natural nutritional products.
    www.waitakibio.com

PS.Another company, like A2, started by the late Howard Paterson.
    Disc My wife and I hold.
    This post from Percy is one of may favorite posts on Share Trader. It tells me a lot about the man behind the post. It tells me he has no sense of entitlement and he has worked hard for what he has. It also tells me his values have not been changed by being a succesful investor. I also sense he is genuinely content with what he has achieved. He has also been very generous in sharing his investment ideas with us and he has been very helpful to newbies like me. Respect to you Percy
    Last edited by RupertBear; 02-06-2019 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Spelling