sharetrader
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Been too busy with the grandkids and out catching snapper, what's your excuse for your 39 posts?
    you are an antagonist, so I thought I would just call you out.
    not much of a fishing trip was it 3.57pm to 4.17 pm
    Last edited by blackie; 17-04-2022 at 04:45 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    you are an antagonist, so I thought I would just call you out.
    not much of a fishing trip was it 3.57pm to 4.17 pm
    Antagonism has a purpose and is fitting at certain times and occasions. Actually caught 20 snapper between the 2 of us so you can't do much better than that without breaking the law.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Antagonism has a purpose and is fitting at certain times and occasions. Actually caught 20 snapper between the 2 of us so you can't do much better than that without breaking the law.
    The daily limit is currently seven.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    The daily limit is currently seven.
    Depends on the area, its 10 per person/27cm where I am otherwise it's 7 per person/30cm.

What a great thread...kiwis are great at making the stuff...but ..in my opinion...hopeless at keeping it.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    A LOT has changed since that post nearly 2 years ago In June 2020. They have certainly been on a baptism of fire journey with their growth aspirations and its not over yet by any means. XXX face a gargantuan sized challenge immediately ahead trying to find the manpower to run all their new plant and machinery when they're already 20% short and don't appear able to solve their existing staff crisis issues. Trying to solve that massive problem probably has major implications for pay rates and consequently quite serious flow on effects to the profitability of the company in the future. Its acts like a huge handbrake on earnings growth. We've all seen how the rapidly escalating pay rates for companies like OCA has really sucked the life out of earnings growth for them. One problem child in my portfolio is more than enough for me lol
    You could be describing just about any company in NZ at the moment and with our stupid border rules continuing, the hurt will continue to be magnified. Absolutely crazy !
    But like Percy said, this is 4 years old and he's just updating, not starting now ! In the scheme of things, PAZ's current issues are indeed slowing things down but will be just a small dot in history looking back, for those with enough patience :-)
    Happy Easter all.
    Last edited by iceman; 18-04-2022 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Fictitious portfolio unfortunately...lol.
    The complete paucity of liquidity means you could never have invested $1m four years ago, (even if you had that much spare investable funds back then), without radically affecting the price so that invalidates your theoretical conceptual percentage gains. The point of this thread was to identify which companies you can totally trust as a safe investment for a decade that you really could have invested $1m in. To do that you need $1m in cash and the liquidity to create a position without dramatically affecting the share price. PAZ has never had the liquidity to do that. Few, if anyone, took the intent of the thread seriously which is why quite some time back I tried to cancel this thread twice.

I'll leave others to work out for themselves why you dug up this very old thread. Its seems obvious to me.

What you suggest is true Iceman but the risks should be crystal clear for any company currently trying to double their workforce. My contention is that labour shortages are chronic, will be severely enduring and there are real implications for serious ongoing pay rate increases and serious implications for future eps growth. Each to their own, I'd rather invest in a reliable GARP, (growth at a reasonable price) stock that's going to give me reliable growth and income as well as decent liquidity.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-04-2022 at 11:23 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

The complete paucity of liquidity means you could never have invested $1m four years ago without radically affecting the price so that invalidates your theoretical conceptual percentage gains. The point of this thread was to identify which companies you can totally trust as a safe investment for a decade that you really could have invested $1m in. Few, if anyone, took the intent seriously which is why quite some time back I tried to cancel this thread twice.

I'll leave others to work out for themselves why you dug up this very old thread. Its seems very obvious to me.
    Yes under $1mil,yet a very considerable amount.
    Others did manage to buy between 500,000 and just over 6mil shares at the 7 cents level.[I bought somewhere in between.]
    Liquidity on Unlisted has been surprisingly good.I also managed to build a substantial holding in SFF for both myself and my wife in under 18 months.
    Both PAZ and SFF are held in our long term portfolios.
    My point is no matter where a company is listed, so long as you do your research and buy for the long term you will do well.
    A case in point I held Ebos for 27 years.
    So far my PAZ and SFF holdings have been incredibly successful.
    We also hold GNE,HGH,and SPK in our long term portfolios,and have added SEK this year.
    All the above holdings I expect we will be holding in 10 years time.
    I saw the point of this thread clearly,so acted accordingly.
    I have never had cause to change my mind .

ps.I look forward to posting on this thread in a year or two's time...loli
    Last edited by percy; 18-04-2022 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    ps.I look forward to posting on this thread in a year or two's time...loli
    I can't wait that long lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-04-2022 at 12:03 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Maybe a change of title to the thread is appropriate then lol...better not suggest a different name, that might not be politically correct.
    Think we would all laugh at you and say:
    "no surprises ,he has changed his mind yet again."