sharetrader
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Beagle ....I hope one of your clients wasn't supplying Tesla

“The Silicon Valley electric car company said it is asking its suppliers for cash back to help it become profitable, according to a memo reviewed by The Wall Street Journal that was sent to a supplier last week. Tesla requested the supplier return what it calls a meaningful amount of money of its payments since 2016, according to the memo.”
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

“The Silicon Valley electric car company said it is asking its suppliers for cash back to help it become profitable, according to a memo reviewed by The Wall Street Journal that was sent to a supplier last week. Tesla requested the supplier return what it calls a meaningful amount of money of its payments since 2016, according to the memo.”
    Musk probably spent too much on the useless sub he made for "pedo guy" in Thailand. Hope this experiment (Tesla) doesn't all end in tears.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Globally its been a very long honeymoon.All Bulls must end sometime as well.
    Don't sidestep from the issue - that Labour is terrible at running the country, as expected.

IMO

Thats your opinion, and i know its false/fake/biased as this whole thread is a national spin propaganda, say it enough and its gospel kinda blogg.
    This is more accurate.

David Cormack: Numbers show National under Simon Bridges 'starting to hurt' COMMENT: When you talk to National members you hear how dispirited they've become.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 24-07-2018 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Musk probably spent too much on the useless sub he made for "pedo guy" in Thailand. Hope this experiment (Tesla) doesn't all end in tears.
    Probably will for shareholders and/or bond holders

One commentator speculates it will end up as part of SpaceX

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

LOL its nearly as much fun as attending the circus isn't it ! Its so bizarre its become comical. He's been all over CNBC this year saying he doesn't need cash and now lol. His recent antics in my opinion is all the proof you ever need that everyone needs checks and balances. Further I think his antics are seriously undermining confidence in Tesla as a brand. I give them less than 50 / 50 chance of being around to honor those 8 year battery warranties now after listening in to CNBC this morning and seeing their cash burn. Are there any more gullible investors pockets to mine when they eventually have to do a capital raise ?
    I think the big Euro manufactures are all over this electric thing and Tesla will face a tsunami of competition from highly credible manufactures with a long track record of quality control in the years ahead. I reckon Tesla is toast sooner or later.

Sheeting this back to the issue I think the problem I have with the likes of Shane Jones $1b regional development fund is does he have any checks and balances or is he our version of Elon Musk ? Iis it just throw money at whatever project captures his imagination ?

On another note...I see Julie Anne Genter is all over this now she's involved in motherhood https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartandhp One supposes one could make a case for taking a speculative position in Evolve if one had confidence in management and believed that the Govt might extend the free 20 hour childcare program. Unfortunately I don't really have confidence in Evolve's management so probably best I don't take a punt on what the Govt might do but its a punt some others might like to take.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-07-2018 at 10:17 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Confidence continues to wane so economy will slow down .....and this survey done before John said the world is going to end one day
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/1...w-anz-sayshtml

Never mind, Jacinda back in a day or day .....she’ll sort it all out

I see Grant is all cock a hoop in that he’s had 20 engagements with business groups
    Last edited by winner69; 31-07-2018 at 02:13 PM.

IMO

Common sense, good stuff.
    "Investing in mothers, especially when they are the only adult and income earners within families, is how we address child poverty.

"Improving the economic independence of these women brings benefits to them, their families and broader society."

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    [FONT="]Common sense, good stuff.
    "Investing in mothers, especially when they are the only adult and income earners within families, is how we address child poverty.[/FONT]

"Improving the economic independence of these women brings benefits to them, their families and broader society."
    Well tell me then why the taxpayer should be funding these mothers when the fathers should be. This welfare system is going to strangle this country. You make your bed, you lie in it. Don't expect someone else to pay for your life choices. There are exceptions of course and they should be looked after. It would be inhumane not to. I would rather the taxpayer spent the money on locating the fathers and making them accept their responsibility.

You can see why I don't and never will support the left leaning political groups that exist in this country.

IMO

You sound like a permanent selfie taking selfies in the mirror, and stuff everyone else, a feudal system kinda guy.