sharetrader
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Guru

Thumbs down Should we run a wasteage list for the Labour govt ?

If so ,

Aborted media rationalisation. $23,000,000 +
    Aborted Cycleway , Harbour Bridge, $55,000,000 +

Advanced Member

That's small change compared to the $20 Billion we would have lost by 2031 from the NZ Superannuation fund, if National had won the 2020 election & implemented their policy to halt contributions to the Superannuation fund.

National's always short sighted, looking for short term gains & pass the costs on to future governments, never look long term, thats why the hospitals, roads, water infrastructure needs so much money spent on it now.
    Remember they increased the allowable weight limits for freight trucks & look at the damage that's caused to our road network.
    Zero increase in hospital budgets for several years, despite big immigration & buildings desperately needing maintenance.
    And so on...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Remember they increased the allowable weight limits for freight trucks & look at the damage that's caused to our road network.
    Zero increase in hospital budgets for several years, despite big immigration & buildings desperately needing maintenance.
    And so on...
    Luxon.. "our country's in a real mess atm" (ignoring the nine years of National).

Reporter: "ok, so how are you going to fix it?"

Luxon: Talks about labour again.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 09-02-2023 at 11:04 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Luxon.. "our country's in a real mess atm" (ignoring the nine years of National).

Reporter: "ok, so how are you going to fix it?"

Luxon: Talks about labour again.
    Panda, Dont let the truth get in the way of a good B S story. J Key increased the health budget from $9 bil under H Davis to $15 B under his watch !!

Guru

Luxon says that healthcare is wasteful spending though and he won’t increase it by more than CPI (despite all the new migrants he wants to bring in).

It’s all going towards income tax cuts.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 09-02-2023 at 02:54 PM.

Guru

Luxon says that healthcare is wasteful spending though and he won’t increase it by more than CPI (despite the new migrants he wants to bring in).

Please provide a link to where Luxon says that "healthcare is wasteful spending".

Guru

Luxon says that healthcare is wasteful spending though and he won’t increase it by more than CPI (despite the new migrants he wants to bring in).

Income tax cuts are a good thing. It means I have more of my money and less is stolen by the government. It means I can determine how and where I spend my money and not some faceless bloated beauracrat who has no idea.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Please provide a link to where Luxon says that "healthcare is wasteful spending".
    He won't because he can't. He makes wild statements all the time and never comes up with any evidence for them.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Income tax cuts are a good thing. It means I have more of my money and less is stolen by the government. It means I can determine how and where I spend my money and not some faceless bloated beauracrat who has no idea.
    A person working full time on the new minimum wage and a few weekends in overtime, now gets into the 30% bracket. The Government constantly increasing minimum wages on businesses, that then run right through to all other employees of the business and from there into prices of goods & services, while not adjusting tax brackets. This is just a clever (some say dishonest) increase in the tax take paid for by all businesses and consumers.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    A person working full time on the new minimum wage and a few weekends in overtime, now gets into the 30% bracket. The Government constantly increasing minimum wages on businesses, that then run right through to all other employees of the business and from there into prices of goods & services, while not adjusting tax brackets. This is just a clever (some say dishonest) increase in the tax take paid for by all businesses and consumers.
    Think of it as a tax to fund universal super (which is by far NZ's largest expense). It takes the place of higher kiwisaver contributions.