sharetrader
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Typical fear mongering from a national slant.
    Except I get the privilege of talking to a lot of small business owners, (the lifeblood of the economy) and what I hear concerns me. Hope I'm wrong and everything will be fine and dandy come spring but from where I sit this has all the makings of a winter of discontent breeding even more negativity.
    Like many things, time will tell.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-07-2018 at 02:06 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

That original winter of discontent is mentioned in this great objective piece on national radio about 4 .40 in. Listenduration 16′ :12″

IMO

National did nothing they just let the immigration flow, the hospitals clog the country clog, housing unaffordable, state houses flogged off , child poverty,rivers become wadeable LOL etc.They underfunded most things and didn't value their workers, just picked off all the low hung fruit . A living wage for many, a decent wage is what the nurses and many others deserve/ need. Greedy? Wait till you are in a ward and say that then.Unbelievable and arrogant.! Things are happening with this coalition that should have happened before.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 10-07-2018 at 09:33 PM.

So am I right nurses with a few years experience can get paid upwards of $79,000p/a and with the latest offer this could go up to just over 90k pa ?? and they turned it down ...Geez I think that was a pretty good offer.... I agree Cindy and team look a soft touch, so the public sector is just going continue to put the hand out esp with inflation in living costs

I haven't had a pay increase in over a decade >> as I work in the primary sector like many we are at the mercy of export prices and continuing higher operating costs .. Come on Gov give us a tax break ? ..I've gone from having a good income to pretty average one when you compare to others that have held the same job in the public sector for the last 20yrs etc as inflation has eaten away at every NZD we earn and its only getting worse with Taxcinda..
    Last edited by JBmurc; 10-07-2018 at 09:50 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Advanced Member

National did nothing they just let the immigration flow, the hospitals clog the country clog, housing unaffordable, state houses flogged off , child poverty,rivers become wadeable LOL etc.They underfunded most things and didn't value their workers, just picked off all the low hung fruit . A living wage for many, a decent wage is what the nurses and many others deserve/ need. Greedy? Wait till you are in a ward and say that then.Unbelievable and arrogant.! Things are happening with this coalition that should have happened before.
    like a raise in benefits ? no wait the Labour govt could never deliver that .... it took National....

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    like a raise in benefits ? no wait the Labour govt could never deliver that .... it took National....
    Or reduce tax's REGO costs etc ... as Cullen use to say he was far better at spending our money than we were.. One must remember Labour was against TAX cuts ...and firming believes in increasing them to bribe their voting base
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

IMO

Tax cuts just a nefarious attempt to hold power at all costs, corrupt power mongering and the last low fruit pick attempt to get back in after years of rolling down their sleeves and underfunding, neglecting, spinning "everything is beautiful" yeah right ,double brown.

Guru

Tax cuts just a nefarious attempt to hold power at all costs, corrupt power mongering and the last low fruit pick attempt to get back in after years of rolling down their sleeves and underfunding, neglecting, spinning "everything is beautiful" yeah right ,double brown.
    What utter rubbish.

The change in tax brackets is well overdue and National did it with the bottom two brackets only. This would help appease the attitudes of the left who seem to think that people vote National if they are high earners and Labour if not. I am sure if Labour was to change the brackets in their next term you would hail it as forward thinking. Mind you they won't get another term.

‘Nefarious’ a good word, esp in context of nefarious attempt. To hold power

Must admit I did a lookup
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

Thats it a wicked or criminal action like anything to keep power, and then be knighted lol how sick is that.