sharetrader
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Beagle ....I hope one of your clients wasn't supplying Tesla

“The Silicon Valley electric car company said it is asking its suppliers for cash back to help it become profitable, according to a memo reviewed by The Wall Street Journal that was sent to a supplier last week. Tesla requested the supplier return what it calls a meaningful amount of money of its payments since 2016, according to the memo.”

LOL its nearly as much fun as attending the circus isn't it ! Its so bizarre its become comical. He's been all over CNBC this year saying he doesn't need cash and now lol. His recent antics in my opinion is all the proof you ever need that everyone needs checks and balances. Further I think his antics are seriously undermining confidence in Tesla as a brand. I give them less than 50 / 50 chance of being around to honor those 8 year battery warranties now after listening in to CNBC this morning and seeing their cash burn. Are there any more gullible investors pockets to mine when they eventually have to do a capital raise ?
    I think the big Euro manufactures are all over this electric thing and Tesla will face a tsunami of competition from highly credible manufactures with a long track record of quality control in the years ahead. I reckon Tesla is toast sooner or later.

Sheeting this back to the issue I think the problem I have with the likes of Shane Jones $1b regional development fund is does he have any checks and balances or is he our version of Elon Musk ? Iis it just throw money at whatever project captures his imagination ?

On another note...I see Julie Anne Genter is all over this now she's involved in motherhood https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartandhp One supposes one could make a case for taking a speculative position in Evolve if one had confidence in management and believed that the Govt might extend the free 20 hour childcare program. Unfortunately I don't really have confidence in Evolve's management so probably best I don't take a punt on what the Govt might do but its a punt some others might like to take.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-07-2018 at 10:17 AM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

Confidence continues to wane so economy will slow down .....and this survey done before John said the world is going to end one day
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/1...w-anz-sayshtml

Never mind, Jacinda back in a day or day .....she’ll sort it all out

I see Grant is all cock a hoop in that he’s had 20 engagements with business groups
    Last edited by winner69; 31-07-2018 at 02:13 PM.
    “In a roaring bull market, knowledge is superfluous and experience is a handicap.”

–Benjamin Graham”

Update Ready To Install

Common sense, good stuff.
    "Investing in mothers, especially when they are the only adult and income earners within families, is how we address child poverty.

"Improving the economic independence of these women brings benefits to them, their families and broader society."

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    [FONT="]Common sense, good stuff.
    "Investing in mothers, especially when they are the only adult and income earners within families, is how we address child poverty.[/FONT]

"Improving the economic independence of these women brings benefits to them, their families and broader society."
    Well tell me then why the taxpayer should be funding these mothers when the fathers should be. This welfare system is going to strangle this country. You make your bed, you lie in it. Don't expect someone else to pay for your life choices. There are exceptions of course and they should be looked after. It would be inhumane not to. I would rather the taxpayer spent the money on locating the fathers and making them accept their responsibility.

You can see why I don't and never will support the left leaning political groups that exist in this country.

Update Ready To Install

You sound like a permanent selfie taking selfies in the mirror, and stuff everyone else, a feudal system kinda guy.

Guru

You sound like a permanent selfie taking selfies in the mirror, and stuff everyone else, a feudal system kinda guy.
    Not at all but I do believe in personal responsibility.

Update Ready To Install

Yep supporting teaching them to teach their children young to grow into contributing responsible adults is the way to go a win all around. Break cycles.One cant generalise like that.

My wife and I waited until we were financially able to support ourselves before having kids, which we thought was common sense, but clearly it's not that common.

Common sense, good stuff.
    "Investing in mothers, especially when they are the only adult and income earners within families, is how we address child poverty.

Investing in enabling women to become mothers when they are fit and able and financially secure income earners within families is how we address child poverdy"

"Improving the decision making abilities of these women bring benefits to them, their families and broader society".

Fixed - not that hard really.

Quote Originally Posted by tga_trader View Post
    My wife and I waited until we were financially able to support ourselves before having kids, which we thought was common sense, but clearly it's not that common.
    How odd. That's exactly what we did as well. Maybe that thought process isnt as complex as it might first appear.

Update Ready To Install

Great stuff . wheres the pedestal?"Clearly its not that common "?Another broad brush generalisation. So what to do.It all starts at home doesn't it. Do we want 3rd 4th 5th etc generation beneficiaries or can we give them tools , support , esteem a chance to break out of negative, worth less, unhealthy states of being and empower them and the world around them to become productive, positive , contributing people. The first three years of a childs life are critical to which type of being they will be.

The first three years of a childs life are critical to which type of being they will be.
    And a responsible parent has at least 9 months to plan and prepare for this.

Update Ready To Install

You are talking robots there mm, we are human beings with a multitude of reasons why things happen to families , relationships, teenagers in poverty or wealth or across the board whether its ignorance, abuse or a moment of bulletproof ness which most teens experience at some point etc etc etc etc etc. Teach your children well, break cycles. To compare with your own experience is a conceit we are all unique as is the multitude of reasons people find themselves in isolated unsupported situations ..

Update Ready To Install

The Global bull market is very mature or nearing an end of a very long fantastic cycle for many including us. Trade wars, debt (USA ,China) etc. Commodities are dropping in value, retailers are being usurped by online sales etc. Generally global business sentiment is not good atp in the cycle. Lets be parochial and blame the NZ Govt for whats causing this drop in confidence and also for the various sharemarkets around the world many which are just off all time highs, yep the NZ Labour govt are responsible for the beginning of the end of a golden period, thinking globally, acting locally., its all their fault! lolololololololol

Guru

JT

The price of property in Sydney, London, Vancouver and many other cities have gone through the roof and the left blame the National Government. It is all their fault is the cry.

I can only be thankful that National was in power those first three years after Labour were booted out. Imagine Labour handling the GFC. It doesn't bear thinking about.