sharetrader

Thread: SRN number

Default SRN number

Does anybody know how I can obtain the SRN number I have for an ASX listed holding? Or is there a way I can sell my shares without it?

It possibly would have been sent to me in the mail, but I am overseas and my mail is on hold with NZ Post so there's no way I can get the SRN from my holding statement.

I've checked by signing into the share registry website, and that holding is unfortunately not showing in my portfolio, so I can't find my SRN there either.

I checked Sharesight and the holding is showing there but I could not find my SRN anywhere.

My holding statement with my SRN has not been sent to me electronically.

I'm running out of ideas and really want to sell these shares today, preferably as soon as the market opens. I certainly don't want to wait until I can get my mail from NZ Post.

Has anybody been in a similar situation and managed to find a solution? Surely in this digital day and age I don't need a number on a piece of paper to sell these shares.

Guru

Is it on a dividend statement?

Or bank statement if there has been any direct credit of dividend.

Cheers guys, couldn't do that either but I received a message from a Moose and now I think I've got it sorted.

IMO

Well i think this sort of info should be shared as it may be useful to others too,so here it is from another place helpful info from Moosie, thanks.

"Hey Bobby, you with ANZ? If so try typing 12 into the SRN box when you go to sell. This tells ANZ to automatically pull up your SRN from the registry.

if that doesn't work, or you're with another broker, phone them up and ask if there is another way to do so. If not you may be SOL and have to wait for it to arrive."

"Also, ask them about CHESS sponsorship in order to avoid having this happen again"

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Well i think this sort of info should be shared as it may be useful to others too,so here it is from another place helpful info from Moosie, thanks.

"Hey Bobby, you with ANZ? If so try typing 12 into the SRN box when you go to sell. This tells ANZ to automatically pull up your SRN from the registry.

if that doesn't work, or you're with another broker, phone them up and ask if there is another way to do so. If not you may be SOL and have to wait for it to arrive."

"Also, ask them about CHESS sponsorship in order to avoid having this happen again"
    Yeah good work JT. I'll just add that ANZ Securities told me that the trick of writing 12 into the SRN box will only work if the shares have been owned for less than 30 days.

If you've owned them for longer than that you'll need your SRN or better yet fill out a CHESS form and then use an HIN.