sharetrader
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Note change of venue to same time but just one floor above at Dr Rudi’s as Nightingales ain’t no more.

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    Interesting...I am open to the idea of postponing it a week...just putting it out there.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Interesting...I am open to the idea of postponing it a week...just putting it out there.
    I am unsure if I can make it yet but the odds are looking encouraging.

Openings can get delayed and other issues can crop up (like "we're open but still waiting for our license to serve.. but we can do lemonade")... etc

My view is we keep the date the same and shift the venue to one of the plethora of bars/cafés around the viaduct basin.

Dr Rugi’s at noon onwards on Sat 6 Oct is the venue and date this time guys, as others have confirmed. Vaygor, we need to hear what challenge you are going to issue to Beagle this time as he’s flush right now! And where to for ALF???

Thanks Whome.

I assumed from the previous postings that the nominated venue was no longer viable. But if Dr Rudi's is open for business on Oct 6th, then all good.

Regarding challenges, it might be a bit early to bet on this one but I'm willing to wager RYM SP will trade at over $15.00 (or equivalent if there is a share split) before now and 1-June-2019. Beagle.. do you accept?

As for ALF, I wrote a reasonably informative post (I thought.. although I've received no feedback on it to date) here:
    https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...l=1#post728844
    Last edited by Vaygor1; 27-09-2018 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Added the bit about a share-split.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    Thanks Whome.

I assumed from the previous postings that the nominated venue was no longer viable. But if Dr Rudi's is open for business on Oct 6th, then all good.

Regarding challenges, it might be a bit early to bet on this one but I'm willing to wager RYM SP will trade at over $15.00 (or equivalent if there is a share split) before now and 1-June-2019. Beagle.. do you accept?

As for ALF, I wrote a reasonably informative post (I thought.. although I've received no feedback on it to date) here:
    https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...l=1#post728844
    I propose a counter bet using the same methodology and percentage gain that SUM at SUM point will be at least $8.45 between now and 1 June 2019... This is very high stakes stuff you know
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-09-2018 at 03:13 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dr Rudi’s Brew Co. is on the 3rd floor of the same building. I believe the elevator on the Basin side goes to the 3rd floor.
    Vaygor, Would Redshaws be smiling from their ALF t/o price if sheep &beef prices are at a peak and set to drop. On the other hand I presume M Bovis has meant a heap more bobby calves this year as calf rearers shy away, although I am out of touch with veal & skin prices these days. Be interested in your views wrt ALF.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I propose a counter bet using the same methodology and percentage gain that SUM at SUM point will be at least $8.45 between now and 1 June 2019... This is very high stakes stuff you know
    I guess if you have applied the same %age gain at the time of posting, I have no option but to accept.
    This means, all things being equal, we should in theory either both win, or both lose... and hence will end up buying each other a beer anyway.

Talking about high stakes and betting, I offered a $50 bet to my local butcher that he couldn't get a box of sirloin off the top shelf in his shop without using a ladder. He said "No way.. the steak's are too high".

Quote Originally Posted by whome View Post
    Dr Rudi’s Brew Co. is on the 3rd floor of the same building. I believe the elevator on the Basin side goes to the 3rd floor.
    Vaygor, Would Redshaws be smiling from their ALF t/o price if sheep &beef prices are at a peak and set to drop. On the other hand I presume M Bovis has meant a heap more bobby calves this year as calf rearers shy away, although I am out of touch with veal & skin prices these days. Be interested in your views wrt ALF.
    Hi Whome.

I think ALF has done very well regarding the 52% acquisition of LI Redshaw. In any event, the cost of acquiring them is over. Additional revenue from that part of the business is now the permanent upside as long as they stick to their knitting.
    NZD/USD exchange rate will benefit ALF this H1 compared to the pcp.
    M Bovis a non-issue regarding ALF's business as far as I can tell, but the jury still out on that one I guess... suffice to say M Bovis' presence hasn't materially impacted any of the other countries (including Aussie) in which it has established itself. As a matter of fact, if M Bovis were to establish itself in NZ then any reason to change the existing rules around transportation/segregation of livestock sales would disappear wouldn't they?
    Compliance with any rules/regs that may be introduced in NZ due to M Bovis will only increase the need/requirement for farmers to use livestock agents such as ALF imho.

Disc: Holding ALF.
    Last edited by Vaygor1; 30-09-2018 at 06:44 AM.

Thanks Vaygor. Look forward to meeting up next Sat to chew the fat and swallow some craft beer with it.