sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Dilettante

I would love to see a proper evaluation of a merger of several ports like Napier, Nelson, Timaru and possibly Picton into one company and then float a good chunk of it. Too many Councils involved now and very high overheads that could no doubt be trimmed substantially.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I would love to see a proper evaluation of a merger of several ports like Napier, Nelson, Timaru and possibly Picton into one company and then float a good chunk of it. Too many Councils involved now and very high overheads that could no doubt be trimmed substantially.
    Those dividends offsetting your rates might be missed

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Those dividends offsetting your rates might be missed
    No I don't think so. I'm assuming any floating of ports will see Councils keep a slight majority, similar to what the Government did with AIR. Win win

Advanced Member

I am keen to see the people of Napier possibly having a local allocation if the price is right. Many Napier business people I have spoken to want a chunk of the port.

Missed by that much

Only paying $10M dividend to the council, so suggests current worth is around $200 - $240 M. Yet they want to raise $320 M by selling 45%. The prospectus would make interesting reading.

Advanced Member

A port IPO would fit nicely into my long term portfolio. Lets see some deets.

Advanced Member

https://www.napierport.co.nz/wp-cont...ping-Ahead.pdf

The figures dont look that great for the millions they want to raise, but still as a napier resident I would love to have the chance of owning a piece of this.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

I'm inclined to think that buying something sold and valued by New Zealand Local Government would be akin to buying into a company floated by private equity.