sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16
    Trying to get outta here
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    what sort of drug, might I ask ?
    Running(When I was able to)

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwico View Post
    You must be a favourite son or something, I have to pay 0.3% with ASB.
    I asked ASB 2 years ago for .2%, after 2 weeks they said yes, as long as you keep up with lots of trading.

  3. #18
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    I asked ASB 2 years ago for .2%, after 2 weeks they said yes, as long as you keep up with lots of trading.
    how many trades per day is lots ?

  4. #19
    Anonymous idiot Onion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    what sort of drug, might I ask ?
    Couta is addicted to XXXXstacy.

  5. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    how many trades per day is lots ?
    My brokerage last year was $25,000...about $500/week, but it is all tax deductible. You would probably get away with $100 to $200 a week or less, just got to ask.
    Last edited by see weed; 09-11-2018 at 01:04 PM.

  6. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    We could call the broker to execute our orders but then who wants to talk to real people anymore right?
    I had to call ASB a month ago - my wife and I have a sharetrading account with them under a joint CSN, but I needed to sell some shares that were under a different CSN. Very helpful.

  7. #22
    Anonymous idiot Onion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    I had to call ASB a month ago - my wife and I have a sharetrading account with them under a joint CSN, but I needed to sell some shares that were under a different CSN. Very helpful.
    If you aren't in a rush you can also do off-market transfers between CSNs -- at no cost. I've used them where I have a trading account but my joint holdings do not.

  8. #23
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    My brokerage last year was $25,000...about $500/week, but it is all tax deductible.
    impressive

  9. #24
    Trying to get outta here
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    My brokerage last year was $25,000...about $500/week, but it is all tax deductible. You would probably get away with $100 to $200 a week or less, just got to ask.
    Even .2% is expensive in comparison to Aussie, anyone doing a reasonable volume over there can get .05-.08% plus free trades once you hit so many per month, we need more competition here in the no frills market.
    Last edited by couta1; 09-11-2018 at 02:10 PM.

  10. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    If you aren't in a rush you can also do off-market transfers between CSNs -- at no cost. I've used them where I have a trading account but my joint holdings do not.
    Yes, I have done that a few times also.

  11. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Even .2% is expensive in comparison to Aussie, anyone doing a reasonable volume over there can get .05-.08% plus free trades once you hit so many per month, we need more competition here in the no frills market.
    With the likes of Interactive Brokers for US companies a typical charge is only US$1 per trade.

  12. #27
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,355

    Default

    Personally I think .2% is fine as I can remember when it was 2.5% reducing to 1.5% at some value.

    However it should be capped at some level.

    If a CGT appears in the future then I think a lot of us investors would trade a lot more than we do now. That might be the time for brokerage to reduce.

  13. #28
    Trying to get outta here
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwico View Post
    With the likes of Interactive Brokers for US companies a typical charge is only US$1 per trade.
    Yep and more competition would do wonders here also although not $1 per trade level of wonders.

  14. #29
    Trying to get outta here
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Personally I think .2% is fine as I can remember when it was 2.5% reducing to 1.5% at some value.

    However it should be capped at some level.

    If a CGT appears in the future then I think a lot of us investors would trade a lot more than we do now. That might be the time for brokerage to reduce.
    Possibly but if CGT is set at say a sensible 15% level then it's still less than half of what traders pay on the top marginal tax rate.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •