sharetrader
Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Direct Broking

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    You can now place limit orders via Sharesies. Is this the slow death of discount Broking in NZ as it has been for the past 25 years?
    How would it work for fast and furious trading?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    How would it work for fast and furious trading?
    Well its even quicker than Direct or ASB as your order goes straight through is my understanding. So there is no middle man like currently at the brokerage. So even better if you are the fast and furious type

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Well its even quicker than Direct or ASB as your order goes straight through is my understanding. So there is no middle man like currently at the brokerage. So even better if you are the fast and furious type
    Do you get a live depth chart?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Do you get a live depth chart?
    Good questions, I do not think so but have not checked with them. But I doubt it very much. Data is also 20 min delayed.. Still you can get depth from one source and trade on the other.

Direct on a go slow. Put a sell order in. The buyer is sitting there, 10 minutes later still sitting there. Hope I meet the sale and someone else doesn't pip me and then I sell 1 share only. Just taking too long.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Direct on a go slow. Put a sell order in. The buyer is sitting there, 10 minutes later still sitting there. Hope I meet the sale and someone else doesn't pip me and then I sell 1 share only. Just taking too long.
    Call them. I have found them responsive.

Much better this morning. Put in a buy order and it appeared on the nzx within a minute. I wonder why we have these differences.

Guru

Much better this morning. Put in a buy order and it appeared on the nzx within a minute. I wonder why we have these differences.
    They probably have one operator, 2 tops for internet orders. Lunch time, 1 operator is out at lunch, the other needs to take a dump. There is your 6 min delay.... quite simple that is probably what the explanation is.

Dilettante

I have experienced this on many occasions. When it annoys me, I call them. They are very responsive when you call them. I think blackcap is probably correct about just 1 or 2 traders working on internet orders but we can't really complain. It is a cheap service and in reality I think we get pretty much what we pay for and I'm satisfied with that.

Banned

Depth chart movements delayed by over 30 mins, pathetic, happening every day now.
    Last edited by couta1; 30-12-2019 at 09:31 AM.