sharetrader
Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Direct Broking

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    What does ticking the adjusted box in the charting actually achieve?
    If it's the same as ASB "The charts in our share trading platform are gross adjusted. They take into account dividends paid and the historical data is adjusted."

When I complained to the FMA that gross adjusted short term charts were grossly misleading eg Not showing a drop in pricing when going ex dividend - they forced ASB to provide unadjusted options on the short term charts eg same as the NZX charts for time periods under a month, and fixed their software & documentation.
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

thanks Dave
    my question relates more to what it actually achieves , not what it is meant to achieve.
    I can never see any difference when I apply it.

wow - you complained to the FMA , go you.

a lot of charts can be misleading though if you mess around with the axis or the scales. and it must be hella complicated to provide adjusted charts.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Don't quite understand the rationale either Peat, but what I do know is that it made the pricing looks like the shares are going up, not down when going ex dividend. In my opinion that's misleading enough thanks! I'd quote more detail of ASB's and FMA's reply but better not, info being a bit sensitive. Had quoted them graphical evidence from 2 stocks at the time. Shortly afterwards ASB threatened to remove my "Premium" status until the FMA intervened I think also. Fun times - still with ASB, still Premium...

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Davexl View Post
    Don't quite understand the rationale either Peat, but what I do know is that it made the pricing looks like the shares are going up, not down when going ex dividend. In my opinion that's misleading enough.
    I have noted with some companies it has made a huge difference to the way the charts looks, and the way we interpret them.
    As you point out there is a huge difference between going up or down.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I have noted with some companies it has made a huge difference to the way the charts looks, and the way we interpret them.
    As you point out there is a huge difference between going up or down.
    I used to be a bit sensitive about interpreting graphical data, comes from criticising lab results in experimental physics classes!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I have experienced this on many occasions. When it annoys me, I call them. They are very responsive when you call them. I think blackcap is probably correct about just 1 or 2 traders working on internet orders but we can't really complain. It is a cheap service and in reality I think we get pretty much what we pay for and I'm satisfied with that.
    For some reason this happens to me when selling lightly traded shares. I rung them and raised my concerns. They told me they will control the trade because they believe they can get a better price, they also mentioned they are not allowed to move the market.

It happened again yesterday in regards to PEB, bid order in and left waiting too long.

I think Direct Broking are manipulating the market by delaying orders and information.
    I have also noticed i cannot put in bids via the internet to far from the market price.

I have a Nabtrade account and this is instant. I can also live stream the price and see where i am positioned in the depth. The Nabtrade product is far superior to DB. When will the NZX and DB sort their game out!!!

I would like to be able to call them every time I need to sort a trade, But often i am trading where these phone conversations are not appropriate.

When will there be better options for trading the NZX.

Sorry about the rant.

Herbacious

Is it just me or has their website gone down?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mondograss View Post
    Just you. Working fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mondograss View Post
    Website is working, they are managing my trade again and the delay is driving me nuts. Hate their product.

Banned

Yeah..so crap!....order gone through but nothing showed up!