sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2Degrees to list (potentially)

Will be very interesting to see what happens

one of the few with consistent growth in the industry. Stealing market share from vodafone especially.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/124...d-of-5g-launch

thoughts? I think they have very good positioning and would most likely be keen to invest depending on valuation.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Slothbear View Post
    Will be very interesting to see what happens

one of the few with consistent growth in the industry. Stealing market share from vodafone especially.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/124...d-of-5g-launch

thoughts? I think they have very good positioning and would most likely be keen to invest depending on valuation.
    Don't know much about telcos except to say I use 2 degrees for my cell phone. My experience in any dealing with them has far exceeded my experiences of ever dealing with spark or vodafone.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 27-03-2021 at 10:51 AM.

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Great company in their competitive approach to industry or who knows what prices would have been at just with Spark and Vodafone. Given how much they have grown my biggest worry is theres not much growth left in them without Spark or Vodafone seeding more market share. I'd want to see if they have extra products to introduce and different market segments to target.

Don't forget the MNVO's, and that the government watchdogs have made noises long ago about wanting to see their market share increase and additional MNVO's created. Will 2DM be able to ensure that the vast majority end up using their core network? I don't know.

the NZX badly needs some new blue chip blood after exit of the likes of Xero

Advanced Member

Combining with Vocus seems like a natural fit to create a proper 3rd telecom giant. Infratil could be in the mix here as well with there cashed up position following TILT sale.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Combining with Vocus seems like a natural fit to create a proper 3rd telecom giant. Infratil could be in the mix here as well with there cashed up position following TILT sale.
    Infratil would be very unlikely to be involved in getting 2 degrees to the market in any way IMO. They own half of Vodaphone NZ, which would suggest to me that the commerce commission would specifically block any attempt by Infratil to financially engineer one of their main competitors.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Would be purely a compco with other ilk. That is will be rated as a yield play. Not really growth at all. Simple play

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    Would be purely a compco with other ilk. That is will be rated as a yield play. Not really growth at all. Simple play
    There has been a very recent swing to fixed wireless broadband from Spark & Vodafone as a growth vector (which bypasses the fibre gatekeepers like chorus) - this is potentially a large growth area for 2degrees.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Infratil would be very unlikely to be involved in getting 2 degrees to the market in any way IMO. They own half of Vodaphone NZ, which would suggest to me that the commerce commission would specifically block any attempt by Infratil to financially engineer one of their main competitors.

SNOOPY
    good point, forgot about that.