sharetrader
Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Direct Broking

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    in a world of declining brokerage rates .2% is considered very high by world standards
    We are still a very small market which doesn't help. I doubt anyone decides not trade due to the cost of brokerage.

I just completed the DB survey. I mostly hammered home the request for the ability to have exposure to other overseas share markets (besides asx) at reasonable rates, it is quite farcical the current situation in NZ. I hope others have or will also ask for this. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    There are obviously some young people on here. I can remember paying between 1.5% and 2.5%.

.2% is quite acceptable.

Sorry for being an old f..t.
    lol yeh of course I dont want to overpay but I find DB's rates very acceptable. Less happy with Craigs though to be honest. But I'm just a minnow and am wary of overtrading so not the greatest of customers really.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    There are obviously some young people on here. I can remember paying between 1.5% and 2.5%.

.2% is quite acceptable.

Sorry for being an old f..t.
    I would love to pay 1.5% again. But $30 on a $1000 trade is 3%.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    I would love to pay 1.5% again. But $30 on a $1000 trade is 3%.
    trading in $1000 lots is always going to be inefficient.
    at that amount per trade no one cares about you. and would you expect otherwise?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Been away for weekend and thought I would catch up on how the depth looked at the end of the week for a couple of companies, only last trades showing and not the depth. I am sure I have looked at the depth in the weekend before - is this another anomaly since the Direct Broking taking over from ANZ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bonne vie View Post
    Been away for weekend and thought I would catch up on how the depth looked at the end of the week for a couple of companies, only last trades showing and not the depth. I am sure I have looked at the depth in the weekend before - is this another anomaly since the Direct Broking taking over from ANZ?
    Always been the case for NZ stocks. NZX shuts down. Aussie ones show.

Hey, does anyone use the Direct Broking app? What’s the deal, this only for First NZ Capital members I assume?

Just placed an order and it was settled and my contract note received within about 5 minutes. Much better than my previous dealing with them.

Well, I 've been a bit thick, so thought I would post this story in case others were going to make the same mistake.

Using ANZ, a 'Buy" was settled by direct debit from my nominated account. Somehow, I had it in my head after reading the Direct Broking info that I now needed to fund my Cash Management Account in order to purchase, so did that for the first time earlier this week. Upon making my first "Buy" I noticed on the acknowledgement "Your transaction will be settled by direct debit from account xx-xxxx-xxxxxxx-xx" (or words to that affect). I rang them to double check - turns out the direct debit method still works and I was still set up for it. They kindly transferred the funds in my cash management account back to my nominated account that day.

Random aside, but based on first use I was very happy. Quick response to my phone call. Very quick placement of order to the market (quicker than it ever was with ANZ). All good so far. Maybe they have ironed out the kinks a bit.