sharetrader
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152

Thread: Direct Broking

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    Sharesies.

Directbroking's rate card is $29.90, and then 0.2% beyond $15k. A $5k, $10k or $15k order is $29.90, a $30k purchase is $59.90)

Sharesies is 0.5% up to $3k, then 0.1% beyond $3k, or $15 for the first $3k then 0.1% on the rest. A $5k order is $17, a $10k order is $22, $15k is $27 and $30k is $42. There's also a monthly/annual fee but at $30/yr its not a biggie. These rates are lower across all price points.

Whether the problems with sharesies are an issue for you depends on your investment approach. They don't yet have Australian shares. The shares aren't transferred into your name (which is how they do the partial share ownership, but you can transfer in freely and its $5/company to transfer out), and someone posted in the past that you can't post multiple orders at different prices for the same stock. I haven't done this, but some do.

Also some posters have noted issues with their "at market" execution, so it may be safest to use limit orders

As far as I'm aware on multiple orders - 2 orders is the max open at any one time for a company, with sharesies

Limit orders - yes market can be a while - pending status for too long is a pain - if it takes too long
    usually cancel & slam a limit buy/sell in instead..

Delay in current market prices off NZX is a pain in the b*m at times when the SP has moved against you in the 20 mins..
    especially in trying to buy/sell a rapidly moving target

No prob with up to date US SP when you use Yahoo Finance in another window to see what's happening real time
    for the Stock's ticker

At times status pending with US can take a while before a 'wake up' occurs for the buy / sell or at times
    sharesies platform lag in US trading catches up sometimes minutes sometimes 20 minutes .. in meantime
    you're left hanging on whether the sell or buy has been processed & at what price

As with any platform - it is what it is - and in comparison represents fairly good value for let's say
    ' you do your trading yourself'' with few broker frilly add-ons, research yourself /no Prof. advice,
    fancy Broker walk in Office / premises etc that inflate brokerage upwards to Main Street rates ..
    Last edited by nztx; 06-02-2021 at 10:32 PM. Reason: add more

Nobody answered my query about unlisted shares not updating price wise in the direct portfolio but I went into it today and my skyline shares have been updated first time since I brought them for 5 dollars many years ago so someone at Direct must have fixed my problem.Thanks. it is much more enjoyable looking at a green arrow than a red one pointing downwards .

Services Unavailable ... or is it just me ???

Down for me too.

why there is no data from sellers and buyers from A2M.AU on Direct Broking this morning, is it me only???

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    why there is no data from sellers and buyers from A2M.AU on Direct Broking this morning, is it me only???
    Same no prices ASX , WWI go you good thing , if I knew where it was ....

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Same no prices ASX , WWI go you good thing , if I knew where it was ....
    ALL with ASX don't show data's from the buyers and sellers.

• Latest Update - We are currently investigating an error that is occurring when retrieving market depth data for the ASX. You can contact one of our Operators on 0800 805 777, option 1 however we apologise if there is a delay to answering your call due to higher volumes.