sharetrader
Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Direct Broking

I know it costs but why don't we get real time data on our watchlists. (using DB)

Its ridiculous. I get better real time data from a CFD provider who charges me heaps less per trade.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I know it costs but why don't we get real time data on our watchlists. (using DB)

Its ridiculous. I get better real time data from a CFD provider who charges me heaps less per trade.
    Yes, it is.
    Just about everything about the DB site and data presentation I find diabolical. The only thing I like is the % of portfolio.
    To get over the limitations, I mirror everything in Yahoo....now that Google is gone. What a drag. As an example...I can see my portfolio has gone up or down. Great. But what has contributed to the change ? So I maintain watch lists that mirror my portfolio. However these lists, while they show the change per share...do not show the change in my portfolio. I have to remember how many I have of each....hence the Yahoo...jeeze, what a performance. And then of course, the watch list/portfolio is not live. FFS ! Oh...and then the watch lists only hold a certain number of stocks, so I have to maintain multiple,

I have found the service from DB pretty good over the years, so am sticking with them for now. I am hopeful that they will update their software soon, but have given up holding my breath on this.

Very ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    yep, me too, although only recently, It may have been caused by too many punters keeping a wary eye on PLX
    Haha! That was the exact ticker I was looking at. I tried a few others but I must have broken the system looking at PLX

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Yes, it is.
    Just about everything about the DB site and data presentation I find diabolical. The only thing I like is the % of portfolio.
    To get over the limitations, I mirror everything in Yahoo....now that Google is gone. What a drag. As an example...I can see my portfolio has gone up or down. Great. But what has contributed to the change ? So I maintain watch lists that mirror my portfolio. However these lists, while they show the change per share...do not show the change in my portfolio. I have to remember how many I have of each....hence the Yahoo...jeeze, what a performance. And then of course, the watch list/portfolio is not live. FFS ! Oh...and then the watch lists only hold a certain number of stocks, so I have to maintain multiple,

I have found the service from DB pretty good over the years, so am sticking with them for now. I am hopeful that they will update their software soon, but have given up holding my breath on this.

Very ugly.
    The service from the brokers is excellent. Customer service on the whole is good although its been slow since lockdown in March.

The software however is antiquated. Trades will show up as incomplete orders or unfilled when I have seen them go through in the market depth and I know it's my trade because it will be an odd amount (eg due to dividend reinvestment). Often I can see it under my trades but it also shows in my outstanding orders.

Or, I will see other orders go through at the price I am bidding/asking but mine sits there unfilled. That may be because people are bidding higher than they are paying but I feel like the DB system is slow to communicate with NZX to process orders. It's very frustrating when you want to fill an order and it sits there all day but other trades go through for that price.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    The service from the brokers is excellent. Customer service on the whole is good although its been slow since lockdown in March.

The software however is antiquated. Trades will show up as incomplete orders or unfilled when I have seen them go through in the market depth and I know it's my trade because it will be an odd amount (eg due to dividend reinvestment). Often I can see it under my trades but it also shows in my outstanding orders.

Or, I will see other orders go through at the price I am bidding/asking but mine sits there unfilled. That may be because people are bidding higher than they are paying but I feel like the DB system is slow to communicate with NZX to process orders. It's very frustrating when you want to fill an order and it sits there all day but other trades go through for that price.
    I hope you have contacted them and let them know what you think.
    I have.....several times.

I hope you have contacted them and let them know what you think.
    I have.....several times.
    What was the response?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    What was the response?
    A nice lady contacted me....we had a good chat...and they assured me they are in the process of updating the SW.
    Last time they offered to.....but I haven't gone back to them. Little point really.
    But I do want them to know they are in danger of losing me as a customer.
    They seemed to know their SW is dog tucker...ooops...Beagle and Snoops may take offence.
    Gotta keep letting them know tho...the more the better.

A nice lady contacted me....we had a good chat...and they assured me they are in the process of updating the SW.
    Last time they offered to.....but I haven't gone back to them. Little point really.
    But I do want them to know they are in danger of losing me as a customer.
    They seemed to know their SW is dog tucker...ooops...Beagle and Snoops may take offence.
    Gotta keep letting them know tho...the more the better.
    Good idea.
    The next time I see an order that is showing both as a completed trade and an open order I will take screenshots to send to DB. It’s very frustrating. There is a huge delay in orders showing on the dashboard

Really sorry for interjecting the thread, I posted a new thread 'looking for a good online trading platform for NZX shares' yesterday. In the thread I shared my experiences with several brokers for both NZX (Direct Broking and Sharesies) & ASX (having good experience with Commsec), and hope someone could recommend a good one for NZX shares. I understand that as a first time poster (long time reader) my thread will go through a checking process, does anyone know how long this will take?

Many thanks.
    Vivien

Is anyone else trialling the new DB system? On the face of it the website looks modern now. Not sure of how much better it is though.