sharetrader
Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Direct Broking

same problem with DB. However, I am using "Edge"
    Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Is it just me or are people using Direct Broking via Chrome finding the refreshing painfully slow today ?

Everytime A2 drop like this , it gives problem , giving time for the insto's to scope up the goodies hahahah.
    Last edited by tomm; 13-01-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Outside thinking.

Is it just me or are people using Direct Broking via Chrome finding the refreshing painfully slow today ?

Not just Chrome, Safari v slow.

Depth figs suffering an hours delay. (At 1.30, DB's depth showing 12.30pm data.)

More Russian hacking!!??

Seems it's all come right again. Damn annoying though I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by DiffTheEnder View Post
    Has anyone been migrated to jarden direct yet?
    I bought some infratil yesterday and I was charged $0 brokerage which surprised me.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I couldn't find anything in their pricing about free trades.
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that they were offering an introductory brokerage-free trade. Would help stop people migrating to ASB securities.

Mind you both seem fairly hopeless - no app, no LSE or NYSE trades and a website interface that leaves a lot to be desired. Perhaps I need to try another browser in that regard?

Quote Originally Posted by wilco View Post
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that they were offering an introductory brokerage-free trade. Would help stop people migrating to ASB securities.

Mind you both seem fairly hopeless - no app, no LSE or NYSE trades and a website interface that leaves a lot to be desired. Perhaps I need to try another browser in that regard?
    not sure if this is the right thread - apologies if not!

I buy via sharesies. Access to market depth is $10 a month on sharesies. I know that other platforms provide something like six months free access to market depth information after a full-fee trade - something between $15 and $30 I think?
    so, i'll probably start trading on another platform once every (6 months?), focusing on trades where the cost is similar between that platform and sharesies. But, even if it wasn't, a one off $15 fee every six months is cheaper than $60 every six months.

What's the best platform/option for this? direct broking is sounding like a dog in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_d View Post
    not sure if this is the right thread - apologies if not!

I buy via sharesies. Access to market depth is $10 a month on sharesies. I know that other platforms provide something like six months free access to market depth information after a full-fee trade - something between $15 and $30 I think?
    so, i'll probably start trading on another platform once every (6 months?), focusing on trades where the cost is similar between that platform and sharesies. But, even if it wasn't, a one off $15 fee every six months is cheaper than $60 every six months.

What's the best platform/option for this? direct broking is sounding like a dog in this thread...
    I've no experience with Sharsies but have often wonder what are the risks to your portfolio if they go bust?

Jarden Direct are unbelievably bad when I compare them to Westpac Online investing (AU), which I also use. They have a whizz-bang app that's intuitive to use and full of good features. Ditto for their browser interface and free access to market depth and company research plus so much more. It makes the NZ equivalents look amateur to say the least!

Guru

Sharsies great for mum and dad ... but not a traders platform. if you invest and trade you will start on DB and then select a platform for euro investing platform if you dont live here all the time and want day time access in europe.

Quick question for the gurus here; I've been adding my DRP shares to DB via a manual "BONUS_ISSUE" entry. Is that the way it's done? I'm not really sure how the mechanism works but i'm bit suspicious that I wouldn't be able to sell these via DB as DB won't have any record of me holding them. Or do they confirm my holding with the applicable share registry before it goes to market?

Quote Originally Posted by iamaskier View Post
    Quick question for the gurus here; I've been adding my DRP shares to DB via a manual "BONUS_ISSUE" entry. Is that the way it's done? I'm not really sure how the mechanism works but i'm bit suspicious that I wouldn't be able to sell these via DB as DB won't have any record of me holding them. Or do they confirm my holding with the applicable share registry before it goes to market?
    you're all good mate
    your portfolio record isnt what they care about. Your real holding is registered at the registry and DB should check that before placing your sell order

though of course if you do sell more than really you have they will ping you with costs and stuff... so you can confirm your own holding at the registry too.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....