sharetrader
Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Direct Broking

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    I am looking at CMC market....app looks flash....any thoughts? I have enough with direct ****....

Very slow executing orders...always fxkg missed out!!!!
    with CMC you are most likely trading against them which there pds allows , there algo's will execute your orders fast or slow depending what is best and sometimes there platform is very slow to respond maybe due to volume of orders or maybe other reasons. but overall its a alright platform for beginners who got some spare money
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by kerryo View Post
    It says this on the bottom of my statements:
    "All funds are held in a pooled client trust facility with ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited or any successor or other New Zealand registered bank."
    I found this on DB's web site. Encouraging that today's funds are in a Trust Account.

"Is my money still protected?
    Jarden is required under NZX regulations to hold client monies in client funds trust bank accounts. Jarden administers monies belonging to clients in a fiduciary capacity. This is a key area of regulation under the Financial Advisers Act 2008 and the NZX Limited Participant Rules, the main purpose of which is to ensure that Jarden accounts for, and safeguards, client assets at all times. The Financial Advisers Act 2008 and the NZX Limited Participant Rules dictate a high standard of custodianship and associated record keeping.

Jarden is not a registered bank and is therefore not regulated by the Reserve Bank. The protections for your money are as prescribed by the NZX Regulations."

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    there algo's will execute your orders fast or slow depending what is best and sometimes there platform is very slow to respond maybe due to volume of orders or maybe other reasons.
    I cant really say I have experienced any of this. Mostly trades are effectively instantaneous. But you do have to watch out for price spikes - they have higher volatility than the real market.

But what I was referring to , King1212, was that CMC offer CFD's , so you do not own shares in your name as you would when buying through Direct. You pay holding costs with CMC too, so less ideal for investing purposes.
    THere are pros and cons with both.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Hi all from DB.I have a wee question for ya. Why is the last candle in this chart blue when the closing price yesterday ( the last candle on this chart ) was 186?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Back to this again. Good luck getting your orders processed in a timely manner?

Oh great. Put a buy order in for 3000 AMP at 1.46. Subsequent to placing order price went to 1.45. My order was delayec, and I missed out. Now I see I sold 1 share. Not all this bull**** again.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Oh great. Put a buy order in for 3000 AMP at 1.46. Subsequent to placing order price went to 1.45. My order was delayec, and I missed out. Now I see I sold 1 share. Not all this bull**** again.
    it was the same with ASB last time. Luckily will only be looking to buy this time around, but not yet

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    It's a bit of a worry that you had a buy order in and ended up selling ............

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    It's a bit of a worry that you had a buy order in and ended up selling ............
    Oops, meant buy one share.

Advanced Member

And it’s frozen again just when ASX opens