sharetrader
Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Direct Broking

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    And it’s frozen again just when ASX opens
    That's exceptionally poor form...

I have never had a problem with direct Broking and my trades seem to go through quickly

Probably not direct fault, but some systems in nzx need upgrading.

I’m going to revise what I said. This morning has been a nightmare. Lots of other orders filling at my sell price but mine aren’t. Not even partially selling
    Verrrry frustrating. It’s been sitting there while all the other trades pass it by

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I’m going to revise what I said. This morning has been a nightmare. Lots of other orders filling at my sell price but mine aren’t. Not even partially selling
    Verrrry frustrating. It’s been sitting there while all the other trades pass it by
    Jarden needs to really overhaul their trading platform big time. Not good enough at all with current set up.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Jarden needs to really overhaul their trading platform big time. Not good enough at all with current set up.
    Someone on this thread pointed out to me that Direct Broking aren't a trading service, i.e., you should expect your orders to maybe get filled within the day if they are busy but they are really just for purchasing shares to hold for months etc, and if you need orders filled quickly (like within the hour) then you should be using one of the trading options. They gave me a name but I'll have to look back through thread.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I use DB and haven't had any issues.

However, when I place an order I always tick the box/prompt saying 'order expires at the end of the day'.
    I wonder if you took this option and whether this gives 'day orders' some form of priority?

Interested to hear others thoughts on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

However, when I place an order I always tick the box/prompt saying 'order expires at the end of the day'.
    I wonder if you took this option and whether this gives 'day orders' some form of priority?

That's an interesting point, however I think they are supposed to prioritise orders in the order they receive them. Not saying they always do, but I doubt they'd have an option that would allow orders to be pushed in front of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

Imagine putting an expiry at end of day and buying or selling one share of a 50 center right before automatic expiry, drive me crazy and broke after a while.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 14-08-2020 at 08:26 AM.

Advanced Member

the service has gone downhill in the last few months, orders not actioned, when I chase it up, get answer phone, no reply till 4 hrs later.
    Leaves me wondering whether the brokers are trading against the clients.
    Never had that problem under Nigel Wynn, or ANZ's regime.