sharetrader
Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Direct Broking

At least ASB, has a min brokerage of $15-00 on trades under $1000. So an odd lot hijack will be cheaper. But when I spoke to ASB, I had quite a bit of difficulty getting through to him. I think as Sharesies is becoming so popular, they will all know what it means.
    #riseofthehumantraders

A nice easy question to end the day.

I have a bid due to expire at the end of the week & I am 1/2 way down the queue of bids at that price.

If I extend the expiry date is my place in the queue reset?

I would say you can't extend an order, and that any change will take you to the end of the queue unless you change your price only.
    But will be interesting to hear who h broker you with and what you do. Which equity is it.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I would say you can't extend an order, and that any change will take you to the end of the queue unless you change your price only.
    But will be interesting to hear who h broker you with and what you do. Which equity is it.
    With DB & have a 62c bid on BRM EXP end of the week. I can change EXP within the app.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    My issue with Sharesies is that they highjack the live depth chart while all their orders fill upon market open, for trading this is a big negative that the NZX need to sort out pronto.
    This morning it stinks. So many examples of 9 bids for 40 shares at the top of the queue.

Effectively my small margin higher volume trading has become so difficult now that I have to exit the market for this type of trading. It is just so f******ed.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 08-10-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mshierlaw View Post
    A nice easy question to end the day.

I have a bid due to expire at the end of the week & I am 1/2 way down the queue of bids at that price.

If I extend the expiry date is my place in the queue reset?
    It is a market. If your price doesn't match the market price then you won't get those shares. Your bid must have been in the market for 3 weeks without being matched -- have you considered that you've got the wrong bid price for the current market?. If you want to move up the queue then offer a higher price!

You can adjust the price you are offering and complete the trade -- DB allow you to change the price without starting again with a new brokerage charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    It is a market. If your price doesn't match the market price then you won't get those shares. Your bid must have been in the market for 3 weeks without being matched -- have you considered that you've got the wrong bid price for the current market?. If you want to move up the queue then offer a higher price!

You can adjust the price you are offering and complete the trade -- DB allow you to change the price without starting again with a new brokerage charge.
    Good point ....but bottomfeeder is his name
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post

That's their point though isn't it? Their buy price is X, not X+1 or X+5. If their brokerage is triggered at their buy price of X by 1 share, that share becomes X+$30. Thus if the market moves off then they are somewhat forced to chase the market to gain a marketable share. Don't forget to sell that 1 share it would be another $30 brokerage so break even would be 1X + $60

It's far more common than just an issue caused by Sharesies and it's the commonality that is the issue
    Last edited by t.rexjr; 08-10-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Winner not me, but I dont just buy and sell at any price either, but at a price that suits me.
    Also its not an open market in sone shares. Especially those with primary listing on the ASX , some are less frequently traded, have big differences between buy and sell as well dont often trade till the ASX opens. So odd lots mixing it up, does create a false market. Sone of those odd lot trades just dont really care about what the pay or sell.

Guru

Is the Direct link out atm or is it just me ?