sharetrader
Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Direct Broking

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Is the Direct link out atm or is it just me ?
    all good here
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    all good here
    peat, yes could not link up for 5 minutes only, thank you

Advanced Member

All....When I logged in yesterday morning I found I had lost one of my key Watch Lists. The one that mirrors...as much as possible, my portfolio.
    Direct Broking have been unable to help, other than to tell me to recreate it if it has not reappeared this morning. It hasn't.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

No, never has happened to me.

bottomfeeder I've had the issue occur when selling a parcel of 250 shares (I dabbled in Westpac at one point, God knows why) - and the trade went through for only 220 shares at the price I was happy with. The next day, as I had anticipated, the price crashed and so I was left with 30 shares that if I allowed my SELL order to expire would cost an extra broking charge to get rid of. So I changed my price to where the market had shifted just not to be "stuck" with a parcel of only 30. I still came out on top and the average sell price was a good outcome, but it is tricky operating with some small trades with the broking fee as it currently operates because you can get caught out.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    All....When I logged in yesterday morning I found I had lost one of my key Watch Lists. The one that mirrors...as much as possible, my portfolio.
    Direct Broking have been unable to help, other than to tell me to recreate it if it has not reappeared this morning. It hasn't.

Not something I've noticed - but I don't use the watchlists very actively really.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post

I have experienced this twice, but before the takeover of direct broking. It happened to someone I also know recently after the takeover

Advanced Member

Thanks all for your responses.
    I use the watch lists pretty extensively so losing one is not something I want to happen. They help with some of the limitations of the information in the Portfolio.
    GGCC...i'll pass your comment on to DB.....I thought maybe it was just me and that I had done something wrong !

Just a quick question to the advance , how long do you have until you have to pay back the shares you shorted with direct Broking ( same day) ? Thanks.

Guru

You can now place limit orders via Sharesies. Is this the slow death of discount Broking in NZ as it has been for the past 25 years?