sharetrader
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Direct Broking

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Send all the principal's a link to this thread.
    Great, lets hope DB will step up to the mark improve their systems and participate in the discussion.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    DB used to get orders to market within 1 or 2 minutes. Now at times it can take the best part of an hour.
    I even have had an Buy order partly filled, and the balance of the order not showing up on the debt. Subsequent transactions were lower than my buy order which was being ignored, then the price jumped and I had to increase the buy offer to get it filled.
    I suspect that they tried to fill the order in house.

On top of that it seems returning e-mails is not a priority, still waiting for an answer of an e-mail send in December.
    Yesterday and today I tried to get hold of Aaron McGrath, the Client Experience Manager by phone no luck.
    I am not impressed.
    Sad sad way how direct broking seem to be loosing the plot.
    They probably do not care. No money in the traditional retail client side of things anyway. So they can ignore you and hope you go away. And if they do they go great, that's another customer that makes us no money that we do not have to worry about. Maybe a bit cynical or sarcastic maybe, but I wonder if there is any money in making $30 a trade with NZ retail punters with all the costs involved. Real money to be made elsewhere of course.
    So why did FNZC purchase Direct Broking off ANZ? Probably for the database of clients to be able to sell their IPO's and other products to. And after a year when brokerage may go up, plenty may leave and try ASB out for size. Not sure if I even am correct here but that is how I see it.
    If there was real money to be made in NZ selling brokerage at $30 a pop there would be more operators out there. But there are not. Access could not do it back in the day and went under and Direct back in the day was not a cash cow. It did ok but that was about it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    They probably do not care. No money in the traditional retail client side of things anyway. So they can ignore you and hope you go away. And if they do they go great, that's another customer that makes us no money that we do not have to worry about. Maybe a bit cynical or sarcastic maybe, but I wonder if there is any money in making $30 a trade with NZ retail punters with all the costs involved. Real money to be made elsewhere of course.
    So why did FNZC purchase Direct Broking off ANZ? Probably for the database of clients to be able to sell their IPO's and other products to. And after a year when brokerage may go up, plenty may leave and try ASB out for size. Not sure if I even am correct here but that is how I see it.
    If there was real money to be made in NZ selling brokerage at $30 a pop there would be more operators out there. But there are not. Access could not do it back in the day and went under and Direct back in the day was not a cash cow. It did ok but that was about it.
    Hi Blackcap,
    I use a site in the USA for US stuff and they are trade commission free.
    Check out Firstrade.
    Regards,
    -dodgy

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    It's straight out hopeless for trading. The data is live. Your orders simply aren't placed until the broker is back from their coffee/toilet break. Took them 41 minutes to place a market sell once. I now only use them for my looooong term investments where it's unlikely that I'll need to take hasty action.
    Sorry but on my PC and their platform the data isn't live,on my TA platform (tradingview)the data is live and changes as price and volume changes,it isn't on direct broking unless you refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    Is CHI-X no longer quoted in the depth and sales?

(Answer yes it does but not until market open it would seem)
    Thats simply because CHI-X don't run pre-open and close auction processes

I had always found ANZ SEC order processing appalling, but it seems it's got even worse. I have never had a problem with ASB, as they use Straight through Order Processes, but their exchange rates are usurious
    Last edited by Xerof; 19-02-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Banned

Make no mistake they will be making money with a lot of ability to match orders in house and double clip the ticket.

I think there are a lot on here that maybe havn't paid $30 for a trade for a long time,myself included,because they trade bigger quantities,I actually tried to get my brokerage dropped without any luck, because I did think with the antiquated system they have,and with the extra pain of not knowing for ages whether your trade has gone through or not,it was just such easy money for them.And lets remember that's in and out, of a trade.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Make no mistake they will be making money with a lot of ability to match orders in house and double clip the ticket.
    How is that double clipping the ticket? There is a buy order, yours, and a sell order someone else's. If they match you both off in house its $30 bucks a pop or $60. If they buy yours on market and sell the other order on market its still $30 each. So not really double clipping is it.

Banned

How is that double clipping the ticket? There is a buy order, yours, and a sell order someone else's. If they match you both off in house its $30 bucks a pop or $60. If they buy yours on market and sell the other order on market its still $30 each. So not really double clipping is it.
    Your assuming that both buyer and seller are DB clients yet a lot of the time they are only gaining the $30 from one side of the transaction unless both buyer and seller are DB clients.They have a far wider matching ability now with FNZC on tap and a much bigger pool of easily accessible clients for matching orders.
    Last edited by couta1; 19-02-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Your assuming that both buyer and seller are DB clients yet a lot of the time they are only gaining the $30 from one side of the transaction unless both buyer and seller are DB clients.They have a far wider matching ability now with FNZC on tap and a much bigger pool of easily accessible clients for matching orders.
    You right Couta and that I think works in DB clients disadvantage.
    It seems when a order is placed that FNZC is trying to trade the order in house, this can give time delays maybe an hour or so.
    They are creating 2 problems with that, firstly the market can move agains you. But of even more concern is the extra time spend wondering if the order has been actioned on and /if the order is completed or needs adjusting.