sharetrader
Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Direct Broking

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    I created an order earlier in the day and when it wasn’t enacted after an hour and a half of market movements I cancelled it.
    I created another order near the end of the day and an oddly similar trade was placed shortly there after.
    My cancelled order is still cancelling and the placed order is still pending on ASB.
    Now I don’t know if either order has traded, both orders are still pending, the cancelled one traded and the other is pending ... But hey .. it is only a potential $60k in limbo. As long as the $2 traders are being catered to we will be alright.
    I'm in a similar position. Cancellation happens instantly. Cancelled twice after waiting 4hours. Ridiculous tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    I'm in a similar position. Cancellation happens instantly. Cancelled twice after waiting 4hours. Ridiculous tbh.
    I would suggest it isnt a DB issue but a platform issue for all the trading platforms going through NZX. We could take it as a good sign that people are still looking/investing in the market in volume despite the environment however Im with your sentiment it is frustrating

These issues have gone on for a long time,I think a lot of the problem is with Direct Broking,I have placed orders,the price has changed in real time and going to DB find the order still sitting there,I have rung them and The guy says oh yes ok I'll put that through now. I have written emails to complain with no reply.
    A platform should be instant in this day and age,no checking should of fins etc. should ever need to be done manually. Direct brokings site is pathetic,I can remember a few years ago if you hit the bid it was instantaneous,now it's at least a five minute wait,and whatever you do don't decide to edit the order,it's like a snail being attacked by a turtle. Things have gone down hill since being bought by Last NZ Capital.

TimeSurfer, were you talking about Direct Broking or ASB?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    TimeSurfer, were you talking about Direct Broking or ASB?
    ASB is just as bad now as Direct. ASB told me it is the NZX that's causing the slow down. When your order goes through, ASB cannot confirm it untill NZX lets them know. And it is taking hours for NZX to tell ASB the orders have gone through. Here it is nearly 9.30pm and still waiting for contract notes.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    ASB is just as bad now as Direct. ASB told me it is the NZX that's causing the slow down. When your order goes through, ASB cannot confirm it untill NZX lets them know. And it is taking hours for NZX to tell ASB the orders have gone through. Here it is nearly 9.30pm and still waiting for contract notes.
    Someone should lay a complaint with the FMA. There should be some oversight , this is appalling service and whoever is to blame should have to sort it . They need to ensure an orderly market
    not knowing the state of your order could lead to panic .... wait till the masses of new investors pull the trigger on something at Sharsies ......

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Someone should lay a complaint with the FMA. There should be some oversight , this is appalling service and whoever is to blame should have to sort it . They need to ensure an orderly market
    not knowing the state of your order could lead to panic .... wait till the masses of new investors pull the trigger on something at Sharsies ......

ASB hasn't worked for 3 hours for me. Not sure what is up. May be they are testing a circuit breaker, if so, It works.

Lots of network problems today in Aus and NZ.

I agree, placed an order with ASB to sell on Friday, Had no idea what the hell was happening. Friday night about 6.30pm got a contract note that it was traded, but no trade notification at the time it traded..
    Then in disbelief I got a trade notification on Saturday for the trade....
    Last edited by permutation; 21-04-2020 at 06:35 AM.

I can weigh in on this. I don't think it's a direct problem or asb as sharesies has the same issue. I placed a limit order today and it didn't show up till 5.00pm today after placing it at 4pm. I have live market depth so most times when I place orders they appear instant. So it could come down to how busy they are. So I'd say its a nzx problem. Does anyone know when there systems were last upgraded.

Advanced Member

The bottom line some of the bigger stocks in Australia trade more on the opening match than the NZX trades in a day . So volume in this day and age shouldn't be an issue .Unless they are operating on something from 20 years ago .....