sharetrader
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Direct Broking

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    you're all good mate
    your portfolio record isnt what they care about. Your real holding is registered at the registry and DB should check that before placing your sell order

though of course if you do sell more than really you have they will ping you with costs and stuff... so you can confirm your own holding at the registry too.
    Gotcha, thank you kind sir.

Guru

You could add the DRP shares as a buy at the the amount you would have got if you took the cash dividend.

777 is correct. DRP issued shares are shares you are purchasing at the issue value. They are not free. They are actually a 'buy' at the stated price.
    Otherwise you'll distort your financials for that stock.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    You could add the DRP shares as a buy at the the amount you would have got if you took the cash dividend.
    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    777 is correct. DRP issued shares are shares you are purchasing at the issue value. They are not free. They are actually a 'buy' at the stated price.
    Otherwise you'll distort your financials for that stock.
    It does not really matter as long as you enter the purchase price (as per DRP advise) into the tab ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I have just signed up to Jardins new site. So far I am totally unimpressed with the presentation. I much preferred the old format. I have now signed up to ASB. Hopefully ASB’s presentation is more to my liking.

I have some unlisted shares in the Direct portfolio eg skyline which doesn’t update, not a real concern but is there a way I can update the price manually . Thanks

You can even sell stuff you bought from another broker and they don't even know about. They must check.

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    I have just signed up to Jardins new site. So far I am totally unimpressed with the presentation. I much preferred the old format. I have now signed up to ASB. Hopefully ASB’s presentation is more to my liking.
    I received the note yesterday to sign up to it. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, when I click on the link all I get is a blank screen.

Is directbroking still the cheapest broker or is there a cheaper option

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Is directbroking still the cheapest broker or is there a cheaper option
    Sharesies.

Directbroking's rate card is $29.90, and then 0.2% beyond $15k. A $5k, $10k or $15k order is $29.90, a $30k purchase is $59.90)

Sharesies is 0.5% up to $3k, then 0.1% beyond $3k, or $15 for the first $3k then 0.1% on the rest. A $5k order is $17, a $10k order is $22, $15k is $27 and $30k is $42. There's also a monthly/annual fee but at $30/yr its not a biggie. These rates are lower across all price points.

Whether the problems with sharesies are an issue for you depends on your investment approach. They don't yet have Australian shares. The shares aren't transferred into your name (which is how they do the partial share ownership, but you can transfer in freely and its $5/company to transfer out), and someone posted in the past that you can't post multiple orders at different prices for the same stock. I haven't done this, but some do.

Also some posters have noted issues with their "at market" execution, so it may be safest to use limit orders
    Last edited by Scrunch; 06-02-2021 at 10:18 PM. Reason: added extra