sharetrader
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Direct Broking

I thought it was just me not knowing how to play the game.
    I have on a number of occaisions thought that if (as ASB imlied) the pocket money I am playing with is enough to manipulate or break the NZSX then I probably shouldn't have any money in it!

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Just missed scooping up a share parcel that was dropped on market 10% lower than last trade due to DB not processing order requests. 25 min and counting. The next sell parcel is 25% higher than that dropped parcel. WTF is wrong with these muppets

40 minutes...

60 minutes...

1hr 20 minutes...

2hrs...

4hrs and finally the request was processed!

Oop, my mistake, it was actually 5hrs...
    Last edited by t.rexjr; 22-02-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    Just missed scooping up a share parcel that was dropped on market 10% lower than last trade due to DB not processing order requests. 25 min and counting. The next sell parcel is 25% higher than that dropped parcel. WTF is wrong with these muppets
    To be sure of picking up a special such as that one t.r I think best if you do a phone transaction as Im picking that the now owners are playing "funny games " !

Banned

It's been a hopeless week for any trading with a data delay of 10 mins or more on the NZX all week.

looks like the brokers are creaming the spread on you db clients lol or slippage bit here and there adds up too many millions over time
    one step ahead of the herd

I just rang the DB trading desk to enquire about a sell order sitting there for about an hour. There is a problem with their Aussie provider UBS so no trading is possible and there is no end in sight.

Something pretty strange happened to me on Direct Broking today too. I received a contract note for a buy order that was partly filled. I thought this was strange as I didn't think the share price dropped to my buy price all day. I checked the market depth and it says that no trades went through at my buy price - the lowest trade of the day was 1c higher. Looked at my portfolio and it includes the same amount of shares from the contract note but when I look at my orders it says the completed quantity is zero, as I would expect it to be. I'm not sure if I own these shares or not now. I'm certainly not going to pay for them until someone can verify if it's a mistake or a legitimate purchase.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMorocco View Post
    Something pretty strange happened to me on Direct Broking today too. I received a contract note for a buy order that was partly filled. I thought this was strange as I didn't think the share price dropped to my buy price all day. I checked the market depth and it says that no trades went through at my buy price - the lowest trade of the day was 1c higher. Looked at my portfolio and it includes the same amount of shares from the contract note but when I look at my orders it says the completed quantity is zero, as I would expect it to be. I'm not sure if I own these shares or not now. I'm certainly not going to pay for them until someone can verify if it's a mistake or a legitimate purchase.
    The completed quantity showing zero doesn't mean your order hasn't transacted.

Makes you wonder if they give you just a very few at your low buy price just to clip the ticket for $30 brokerage. I have wondered this on more than one occasion.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

I dare say the term "contract note" implies it is a legitimate purchase. But I would definitely ask them for an explanation as to what happened. NZX not going to be happy if they are doing trades and not showing them on screen.