sharetrader

View Poll Results: Two years from now will OCA's share price be more or less than three times MPG ?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • OCA 3 times or more than MPG

19 79.17%
  • OCA less than 3 times MPG

5 20.83%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OCA or MPG Mk11

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Can’t see MPG being 45 cents in 2 years
    ok, need a maths teacher guy to clarify this, being a competition and all we need to understand the rules.(plus being a maths based website , its good to be speaking the same language elsewhere too).
    im thinking 3 times more means $1.80 is 3 times more than $.60.
    i think W69 (sorry if I'm getting this wrong Matey) is suggesting $1.80 is 3 times more than $.45.
    Now, to me winners take is not 3x more , rather he is thinking 300 % more....
    According to my wife , I am actually not always right.
    Beagle, you started this, what say you?
    Last edited by Maverick; 20-11-2018 at 07:11 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    ok, need a maths teacher guy to clarify this, being a competition and all we need to understand the rules.(plus being a maths based website , its good to be speaking the same language elsewhere too).
    i think W69 (sorry if I'm getting this wrong Matey) is suggesting $1.80 is 3 times more than $.45.
    I think what winner is indicating is that OCA will be worth roughly $1.35 in two years nothing more........

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    According to my wife she is always right so I checked with (she it is better not to argue with).
    3 times MPG share price or more means exactly that. For example, if MPG is 60 cents in 2 years time, will OCA be more or less than $1.80 ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

as hilarious as this thread is, we should really be pitting OCA vs its industry peers (i.e. SUM or RYM) and MPG vs the likes of FBU or STU.
    at least make it comparable & a fair fight. in my mind, putting a high-growth stock up against ('what should be') a reasonable divi paying stock (in a currently beaten down segment) is not that useful. other interesting match-ups could be POT vs AIA, SML vs ATM, SEK vs SCL, etc
    would be great to get some punters thoughts on what might outperform when it is actually an equal footing.
    Last edited by Filthy; 20-11-2018 at 10:01 AM.

This thread is just meant to be a bit of fun and my way to help people think about the effect of strong headwinds v strong tailwinds.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I have given MPG some very serious consideration which consumed all of 5 seconds of my time. The result being I've bought more OCA today at $1.15

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I have given MPG some very serious consideration which consumed all of 5 seconds of my time. The result being I've bought more OCA today at $1.15
    LOL We should probably have another fun poll. Which sector mutt has more fleas, FBU, MPG or STU...in fact I might do just that.