sharetrader

View Poll Results: Which mutt has the least fleas and might be worth bringing home to your kennell ?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • FBU

9 23.08%
  • STU

4 10.26%
  • MPG

9 23.08%
  • Buy a pedigree cat instead

17 43.59%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default A Sector to completly avoid ?

FBU with new headwinds in Australia and lower profit, MPG with its new major competitor and more restucturing to come ?, and STU who's directors think the company has massive worth but the market treats with derision and the failed takeover attempt arguably the biggest corporate fiasco in the last couple of months.

Which mutt has the least fleas and is any of them worth bringing into one's kennel at their current beaten down prices ?
    This one a poll and no doubt a good robust debate to come
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-11-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Will keep these esp FBU on the watch list. Picking the cycle near a bottom and a stock totally out of favour (like ZEL was but BRIEFLY , recently) it s time to buy will come. Or a takeover and breakup scenario.

OK. I'll play. FBU get my vote I reckon there are still loads of flea eggs waiting to hatch in its construction projects, with EQC exposure and with Fletcher Living. Take this for example $1.1m - $1.6 for apartments - you gotta be kidding mate! (I'd be checking the bathroom modules wernt left out in the rain) https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/pro...at-up-to-1-59m

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    OK. I'll play. FBU get my vote I reckon there are still loads of flea eggs waiting to hatch in its construction projects, with EQC exposure and with Fletcher Living. Take this for example $1.1m - $1.6 for apartments - you gotta be kidding mate! (I'd be checking the bathroom modules wernt left out in the rain) https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/pro...at-up-to-1-59m
    Good on ya for playing mate. Fascinating post and link. I find Steve Evans statement very "creative". It will be interesting to see how these sell, or don't as the case may be.
    Average price $1.38m, average size 191 sq metres, average asking price = $7,225 per sq metre. "Interesting" pricing. You'd know a lot more than I being down that way but I think Fletchers may find they need to give their pricing a multi hundred thousand dollar haircut to shift them.

Interesting tidbit from my client the other day (GM of one of the major Australian owned real estate agencies) Developers are starting to struggle to sell completed houses in Auckland now. Any thing priced unrealistically isn't moving. Some banks are making some developers rent new houses out to get cash flow to service their loans. Market turning down ? Implications for Fletcher residential margins going forward for N.Z. just like they announced for Australia yesterday ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-11-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Not even a MorningStar upgrade is slowing the downward spiral with FBU

Valuation: $6.50
    Accumulate
    Last updated:20/11/18 No-Moat Fletcher Building Lowers Fiscal 2019 Guidance; FVE Unchanged and Shares Attractive

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Not even a MorningStar upgrade is slowing the downward spiral with FBU

Valuation: $6.50
    Accumulate
    Last updated:20/11/18 No-Moat Fletcher Building Lowers Fiscal 2019 Guidance; FVE Unchanged and Shares Attractive
    In my books that's a SELL then lol...seriously, if one follows all their recommendations...my goodness...good luck with that strategy !
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-11-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Question(s). Noticed Beagle in your other post (OCA vs 3xMPG) you said poll for which mutt has the most fleas, where this one is for the least. So the way I read it basically is the votes are for if you had to buy one of the 4 which would it be? And mini are you saying you still think FBU has less fleas than say a Ukranian Levkoy cat? (had to google that one).

Disclaimer currently crying whilst holding on to my MPG shares.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    In my books that's a SELL then lol...seriously, if one follows all their recommendations...my goodness...good luck with that strategy !
    Can't say I have been tempted (to follow their strategy).
    But with pedigree cats going for around $1k it is a tough poll!

Yes please note that I switched the frame of reference regarding flea quantity around. Which mutt has the least fleas is the question and in effect which one would you buy if you had to choose one, (assuming you had enough flea powder on hand, AKA prepared to weather the storm).

I'm a dog person but I think I'd be looking for a good pedigree ragdoll cat.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-11-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Good on ya for playing mate. Fascinating post and link. I find Steve Evans statement very "creative". It will be interesting to see how these sell, or don't as the case may be.
    Average price $1.38m, average size 191 sq metres, average asking price = $7,225 per sq metre.
    Call me fussy, but for that kind of money I expect a toilet roll holder in the upstairs bathroom (Yes there is a toilet in the bathroom - yukl! And do they really need 4 toilets?) As for the heat pump over the TV directing at straight onto you, for that kind of money I expect under floor heating. And dont get me started on the three levels. Its supposed to be a home, not a stairwalker. There are so many poor design features in this place (Exposed sockets, odd TV spots) I wouldn't even bother with visiting on an open day - there is nothing of interest to spark a nosey at something with that kind of price tag.