sharetrader
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Finally, I got a payout from the liquidators! I was an investor on the TWS platform. I'm surprised and happy to see any of it returned. My accepted claim is for approximately what I put into the portal in the 1st place, and I just received the first half of that claim.

Re: receiving actual share certificates. Still now, going through some brokers/ fund managers you don't get share certificates, like Sharesies?

I’ve used Craigs for US ETFs since the Halifax disaster, even though the transaction costs are higher as I have more faith in their custodial service- maybe faith without basis.

But even buying ETFs or smart shares or funds of kernel and NikkoAM, etc. means you still don't have the underlying share certificates. So really, are there more blow-ups to come, despite assurances from the FMA?

My 2nd tranche of the Halifax payout from the bankruptcy has just come through. So I, presumably along with others, have got back what I put invested thru the platform, plus a possibility of another 5%. After 4 years. Anything more than nothing when your investment goes bankrupt is to be cherished...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by DTC View Post
    My 2nd tranche of the Halifax payout from the bankruptcy has just come through. So I, presumably along with others, have got back what I put invested thru the platform, plus a possibility of another 5%. After 4 years. Anything more than nothing when your investment goes bankrupt is to be cherished...
    You have got me worried now...have just received the one earlier on this year.
    Hope there are no issues for me.
    What a friggin disappointing mess !

It is similar to when MF Global went bust. Aussi receivers took something like 35 mil in fees over 5 years. All clients were whole in the end but only got all by about year 4. Should never have gone through.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    You have got me worried now...have just received the one earlier on this year.
    Hope there are no issues for me.
    What a friggin disappointing mess !
    Update: Have now received second payment.
    I guess that’s most of what I might expect.