sharetrader
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Senior Member Toulouse - Luzern's Avatar

Congratulations Dinky.

Very well done.

:-)
    Last edited by Toulouse - Luzern; 31-12-2019 at 04:26 PM.

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Quote Originally Posted by d.viviani View Post
    5th Place ..... OMG how the hell did I get here .... faaaaark
    In the end, I think IFT, RBD and FPH were your friend...differentiation versus everyone else! Well done!
    Need to wait for public holidays to clear before downloading reliable data...so results won't be out until the 3rd.

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    In the end, I think IFT, RBD and FPH were your friend...differentiation versus everyone else! Well done!
    Need to wait for public holidays to clear before downloading reliable data...so results won't be out until the 3rd.
    Drop us a line once it’s updated thanks

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

2019 RESULTS!!!

Well, it was a tumultous last week, but that shows just how tight the competition actually was. Our congratulations to SILVERBLIZZARD888 who took the crown thanks to a whopping end to the year by BLT. Their picks totaled a gargantuan 74.7% return - I hope their's some actual cash behind that! That dropped SylvesterCat one spot to 4th, with Leftfield ending in 3rd spot. Baldie ended in 2nd spot, again, due to BLT. And in 5th spot cam "sportster" with a still-creditable return of 57.7%!

Username Pick 1 Pick 2 Pick 3 Pick 4 Pick 5 Opening Investment Closing Investment add Dividends add Rights Issue TOTAL $ RETURN TOTAL %AGE TOTAL Annualised %age Rank
    silverblizzard888 QEX MOA PLX SML BLT $10,000 $17,503 $0 -$30 $7,473 74.7% 74.7% 1
    baldie SML SKL BLT HGH OCA $10,000 $16,853 $361 $0 $7,215 72.1% 72.1% 2
    Left Field ATM IKE PLX SKO WDT $10,000 $16,343 $0 $0 $6,343 63.4% 63.4% 3
    sylvester cat PLX THL ATM MFT ARV $10,000 $15,548 $231 $212 $5,991 59.9% 59.9% 4
    sportster PLX OCA ZEL SUM HGH $10,000 $15,323 $447 $0 $5,770 57.7% 57.7% 5

Some stats:
    - NZX50 return of 30.4%. Only 68 of us (about a third) beat this.
    - average return of 21.2%
    - Sharetrade "top 5" nearly met the NZ50, with 29.6%.

Full results at the usual link:
    https://sites.google.com/view/nzsharepicks.

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Wow! I'm so glad to have managed to have won the competition this year and added to a somewhat confirmation bias that I have an ability to pick stocks that 'eventually' have high returns. Its especially honoring who comparing with the quality of participants and depth of experience among the ranks. Of course an element of luck and timing has a crucial play! (Especially BLT right at the end!) I would also like to congratulate Baldie, Left Field, Sylvester Cat and Sportster for their amazing performances too and everyone else for their passion in stocks, you're all a rare breed so please keep your passion for stocks and never let it die!

Thank you Sylvester Cat for running the competition, your efforts are always appreciated and I look forward to this years competition with open arms. Your enthusiasm to run this competition and the well place ranking suggests you are among the highly passionate investors and I wish you well in this years competition and in your actual portfolio.

Good luck and hope you all have amazing returns this year!
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 06-01-2020 at 10:17 AM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Wow! I'm so glad to have managed to have won the competition this year and added to a somewhat confirmation bias that I have an ability to pick stocks that 'eventually' have high returns. Its especially honoring who comparing with the quality of participants and depth of experience among the ranks. Of course an element of luck and timing has a crucial play! (Especially BLT right at the end!) I would also like to congratulate Baldie, Left Field, Sylvester Cat and Sportster for their amazing performances too and everyone else for their passion in stocks, you're all a rare breed so please keep your passion for stocks and never let it die!

Thank you Sylvester Cat for running the competition, your efforts are always appreciated and I look forward to this years competition with open arms. Your enthusiasm to run this competition and the well place ranking suggests you are among the highly passionate investors and I wish you well in this years competition and in your actual portfolio.

Good luck and hope you all have amazing returns this year!
    Well done for your effort sb888, great stuff!

Handsome Member

Quite happy with my results actually, some of which were added to my portfolio over 2019
    Congrats to the top 5, that's massive returns!

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

As contribution to this competition I was thinking of donating a trophy for this competition that passes on from one winner to the other. Maybe a shield, cup or a plaque to engrave the winners username and performance on there. That way it sparks more competition among everyone to want to win it even more and builds on the strong history of this competition. If there are no objections then I'd be happy to get one made before the end of the 2020 competition and will pass it on from there. Let me know if there are suggestions.

My thinking around it in terms of writing would be:

Sharetrader's Top New Zealand Stock Picker Award:

2018 - VR - 35.20 %
    2019 - Silverblizzard888 - 74.7%

If anyone can provide previous years winners and possibly even performances I can add that on too.
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 06-01-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Handsome Member

Brilliant idea!