sharetrader
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Guru

From my observations they don't handle this part of the business until late morning which is unacceptable if you want to trade at opening time. We have got used to ANZ Sec having the it all sorted out early enough to use it.

hmmmm two business days to transfer funds from my bank account to DB. The reason i am having to do this, because DB couldn't manage to credit my account at the same time they transferred my holdings. Now exchange rates have changed, also i wonder how much they keep when i get to put it back into the original currency. I hate change.

Might hit refresh on the depth 2500000000 times, then change platforms.
    Last edited by Carpenterjoe; 18-12-2018 at 07:19 PM.

I am one of those unhappy customers. For reason unknown DB changed my ANZ bank account No, to payment by "cheque". Still waiting for my HLG dividend that was payable on Monday, no doubt the cheque is in the post, and when I'll receive that, goodness knows. If the cheque in not in Fridays mail at the latest, the first chance I'll get to bank it will be 14 Jan when I return from the crib. Its one of my bigger divvies, hold 8600 of HLG. Still waiting for DB to respond to two earlier emails.

think you all need to realise if you trade thru db your like the poor cousins who live in some parts of sth auckland compared to the full service clients from remeura who will always be looked after first.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    I am one of those unhappy customers. For reason unknown DB changed my ANZ bank account No, to payment by "cheque". Still waiting for my HLG dividend that was payable on Monday, no doubt the cheque is in the post, and when I'll receive that, goodness knows. If the cheque in not in Fridays mail at the latest, the first chance I'll get to bank it will be 14 Jan when I return from the crib. Its one of my bigger divvies, hold 8600 of HLG. Still waiting for DB to respond to two earlier emails.
    My guess is that they didn't have the authority to change the payment instructions (at Computershare) to direct payments to the FNZC/DB account so defaulted back to cheque payments.

I got my MFT dividend by cheque the other day -- the first cheque I have touched in years. Like you my HLG dividend too is coming by cheque according to Computershare.

Make sure you log in to Computershare and Link and give them new instructions. With Link you can change for all holdings online. With Computershare they will send you a form to fill out, sign and send back (can be emailed).

I dont under stand why FNZC have any say at all over where your dividends go. Isnt that all done at the registry and by your own command.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Well that seems efficient. Transferred money from my ANZ personal account to the Direct Broking Account at 4.00pm yesterday. It sitting in my DB account now.

Now just have to figure out how to get it into the Call account.

Edit One. Hmm, not so efficient. I put in a Buy order and its not seeing my account balance.

Edit two. So I called the 0800 number. Call picked up within 30 seconds. They explained the funds will transfer over in a wee while. Check back in half an hour. Did so. Funds there so now placed an order to see if I can pick up a few more OCA. Order placed within about 5 minutes.

Always a bit of a test trying something new. Can't complain. Service as good as I would expect.
    Last edited by minimoke; 19-12-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I dont under stand why FNZC have any say at all over where your dividends go. Isnt that all done at the registry and by your own command.
    No problem at all if your dividends go to your own bank account.

It is only a problem if the registries were directing dividends at your ANZ Securities cash management account (which doesn't exist now). If you want to direct your dividends to the Direct Broking CMT now you need to tell the registries where to put your $$$.

i see thx Onion.

I bank transferred a large amount last night in to the cash management account, its in there, but I cant trade with it.
    Its as if they are treating it as uncleared funds. Never had an issue with ANZ or DB before that.
    I notice much of the information on the site hasn't been updated...FAQ can I open a trading account if I don't bank with the ANZ?
    And the NZX feed is choppy laggy and dated.