sharetrader
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by alex f View Post
    I bank transferred a large amount last night in to the cash management account, its in there, but I cant trade with it.
    Its as if they are treating it as uncleared funds. Never had an issue with ANZ or DB before that.
    see my post above

I'm having the same issue.
    If I place an order they charge full fees (.8% or so)............ although my funds are in their system. opps just seen your reply,

Seems to have sorted it self out now 11.30 am after emailing them an hour ago
    Last edited by alex f; 19-12-2018 at 11:30 AM.

They are useless, I put in a specific share number order on SYM at $8.50 and the order appeared at $8.45.
    I modified it to $8.51 and sure enough the $8.45 disappeared.
    Then the 10 minute delay meant only half the order was completed as some one else grabbed the shares I was after

Banned

They are useless, I put in a specific share number order on SYM at $8.50 and the order appeared at $8.45.
    I modified it to $8.51 and sure enough the $8.45 disappeared.
    Then the 10 minute delay meant only half the order was completed as some one else grabbed the shares I was after
    Yep, more people on the desk yet slower, they can also hold back your order if they think they have a chance of matching it in house and often they can't so then put it on the market.
    Last edited by couta1; 19-12-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Are you sure it was your order. I placed one on OCA and details went through as I placed them.

This discretionary nonsense is a radical departure from how ANZ securities used to be run and I think FCNZ are leaving themselves open in terms of some of their actions being potentially actionable, although I am pretty sure deep in the fine print of their client service agreement somewhere they have reserved the right to use whatever discretion they see fit with any order.

Twice I have placed orders with a limit whereby an immediate fill was possible and they have used discretion such that the order fill was materially slower, in one case over 4 hours slower than it could have been. In both cases I printed out a copy of my order instructions and a copy of the subsequent depth showing how they had processed my order so I had evidence if I needed to take action against them for losses incurred due to their discretion. In both cases my orders were filled at no loss to me, one at 1 cent higher so I was $200 better off but that's not the point...an instruction to act is exactly that not as instruction for them to use their discretion as and when they see fit. My point is I made myself ready with printed copies of information with documentary evidence for a dispute with them if I had of suffered loss and recommend others follow suit.

All that said, FCNZ needs to be aware that there is widespread resentment for how they are actioning orders...how do we go about expressing that, that is a key question ?
    Shall I start a poll asking if people want immediate order execution if the order is capable of same or want FCNZ to exercise discretion ?
    I could then e.mail Fiona McKenzie with a link to that poll ?
    Good idea ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-12-2018 at 12:44 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    This discretionary nonsense is a radical departure from how ANZ securities used to be run and I think FCNZ are leaving themselves open in terms of some of their actions being potentially actionable, although I am pretty sure deep in the fine print of their client service agreement somewhere they have reserved the right to use whatever discretion they see fit with any order.

Twice I have placed orders with a limit whereby an immediate fill was possible and they have used discretion such that the order fill was materially slower, in one case over 4 hours slower than it could have been. In both cases I printed out a copy of my order instructions and a copy of the subsequent depth showing how they had processed my order so I had evidence if I needed to take action against them for losses incurred due to their discretion. In both cases my orders were filled at no loss to me, one at 1 cent higher so I was $200 better off but that's not the point...an instruction to act is exactly that not as instruction for them to use their discretion as and when they see fit. My point is I made myself ready with printed copies of information with documentary evidence for a dispute with them if I had of suffered loss and recommend others follow suit.

All that said, FCNZ needs to be aware that there is widespread resentment for how they are actioning orders...how do we go about expressing that, that is a key question ?
    Shall I start a poll asking if people want immediate order execution if the order is capable of same or want FCNZ to exercise discretion ?
    Good idea ?
    Great plan.

Thanks for the encourage encouragement forest. If someone could remind me what Fiona's email address is I'll get on to this.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Good idea ?
    What is the justification for having FCNZ be able to exercise discretion?

I have found myself placing orders over the phone this week because of orders not executing on time. I predominately day trade so being able to execute orders in a timely fashion is pretty key.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrogan View Post
    What is the justification for having FCNZ be able to exercise discretion?

I have found myself placing orders over the phone this week because of orders not executing on time. I predominately day trade so being able to execute orders in a timely fashion is pretty key.
    I suggest you ask them !