sharetrader
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 129
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default Syft Technologies Limitd

    A very interesting Tech. company that shows great promise. Under the guidance of Doug Hastie over the past 6 years, every report has shown progress in every department. Staff almost doubled, output set to increase, financials healthy, and a great range of clients..... What's not to like?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Dear Shareholders,

    After several months of onsite trials Syft has just signed a letter of intent for multiple units with a large Semiconductor manufacturer for its instrument to be used as the global standard for airborne molecular contaminant monitoring in the cleanroom. While this letter of intent is non-binding, our expectation is that it will be formalised and we will deliver multiple units over the next 18 months.

    This success is on top of our growing supply relationship with Samsung and there is an expectation within Syft, that we can extrapolate this success to other major players in the Semiconductor industry.

    Our business in general in Asia is very strong. We opened our office in Korea earlier this month, and had over 70 customers and partners attending. They view this new office as a strong commitment to this market, and will generate even more growth to what is already a strong market.

    Finally I would like to say thank you to all Syft staff. This success is due to many hours of hard work, and initiatives taken over a number of years. When we started this journey, we did not know it will lead to the customers we have today, or the Semiconductor industry in particular. The success we have today though is due to our confidence in our future, our focus on long-term profitability, and sheer persistence and hard work to persevere no matter what the obstacle. We at Syft don’t see this as success, we see this as the start.

    Regards,

    Doug Hastie
    Managing Director
    Syft Technologies

  3. #3
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,629

    Default

    I can't find a current financial report,can someone post it?

  4. #4
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    14,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    I can't find a current financial report,can someone post it?
    Go to www.usx.co.nz
    Click onto market.
    Then quote sheet
    Then SYF
    Then announcements, and 2nd announcement is the annual report.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    A good interim report from SYFT - over a million shares traded today...... Proceed with caution, but I like the way this company is moving!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    A very good presentation at Forsyth Barr Emerging Companies presentations. Increased demand and productivity, and a growing top line. Not afraid to point out the areas where progress has gone more slowly than hoped. But over-all forecast for 2019 most promising!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    , Christchurch , NZ .
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Do you have a link please Garfy

  8. #8
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    14,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Go to www.usx.co.nz
    Click onto market.
    Then quote sheet
    Then SYF
    Then announcements, and 2nd announcement is the annual report.
    Follow the above and you will find the presentation.
    Last edited by percy; 15-03-2019 at 08:13 PM.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    This presentation was on 14/03/2019. Easiest to find by going to <www.usx.co.nz>, and on the right-hand side of the page is the link. Cheers.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    , Christchurch , NZ .
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Thanks for that

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    An interesting couple of weeks for SYFT.... 1,500,000 +shares traded, a very positive presentation..... increasing interest in a company that is presenting itself to the world in a very positive way, the science is good, and the staff growing both in numbers and abilities. I like it!
    Last edited by garfy; 19-03-2019 at 06:28 PM. Reason: spelling

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Is there any indication when this company will be paying dividends. I still wonder if this is another Hi Tech NZ company shredding cash chasing scale. I recall when it first started from tech out on Canterbury University. If I remember rightly Stephen Collins (x Harcourts) was involved earlier on the board. I think the technology is world class but what's the cost of getting it to market? Things seem a bit vague and I'd be interested in other's thoughts.
    A quote attributed to Margaret Thatcher goes along the lines of
    "The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money."

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    I have re read most of the announcements from SYFT and feel fairly confident that the forward projections look very promising. I am no accountant, and struggle with balance sheets, so DYOR. The end of Syft financial year is 31 Mar 2019 so not long to wait to see whether their anticipated results come to fruition. I am very optimistic. Time will tell.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    30,000 shares traded today, and at a 2cent rise to 0.95c/share. There is no suggestion of dividends at this stage which I think is understandable in a development phase. As for markets, the CEO has stressed that having the best technology in the world is no guarantee of success if the world doesn't know you or your product. Accordingly, the sales and promotion aspect has been increased markedly over the last ~5 years - and SYFT now has sales in Sth Korea, USA, UK, AUS, Canada, Germany, and NZ, and probably other places. A lot of thought has gone into improving production - you can have orders, but if you can't supply the goods...... I feel the concept of becoming the largest company in NZ a hope, but striving towards that goal ..... A very interesting company!!

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    That month of May..... Started off very well for SYFT - a 5c rise in sp to $1.00, and 96,00 shares traded at that price in the first 7 days.
    SYFT is involved in an international symposium in Germany, involving 6 other countries on July 4th - getting the message out there!

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Syft Market Release of Unaudited Results for FY2019

    Syft delivers operational revenue of $21.0m up 70%.
    Operating profit of $4.8m up 343%.
    Letter of Intent with Semiconductor manufacturer, Micron, turns in to purchase orders worth NZD$13.3m to date.

    Performance Highlights (NZD)

    Strong sales growth and recurring revenue
    • Syft continues to achieve consecutive years of high growth with sales up a record 70% YOY.
    • Growth rates continue to increase as more sales creates more customer advocates.
    • Staff increase 35% from 78 people to 105 people.
    • Many new large-scale customers and reorders from existing customers.

    Corporate milestones
    • We have successfully opened an office in Korea, which is helping to strengthen our position in the Semiconductor market.
    • We have employed Jihoon Lee, based in our Korean office, as our sales leader.
    • We expect to make more senior appointments in production, development, and sales, as the scale and footprint of our business increases. Many of these positions will be overseas based.
    • We have introduced a next generation “Infinity” instrument, that delivers much higher performance specifications, and this is driving our growth in the Semiconductor market.

    Changes to the Board of Directors
    As part of a planned Board re-fresh Syft announces today the appointment of Desh Edirisuriya as a Director.

    Desh has a high level of expertise in R&D, manufacturing operations, quality management systems and business improvement methodologies, a skill set very relevant to Syft’s specialist manufacturing demands. He knows the company well having acted as a consultant in recent times. Desh will bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the table and as the pace of instrument production continues to grow his skill set will be highly valuable to Syft. Desh currently serves as the General Manager Business Excellence for Fisher and Paykel Healthcare. Desh replaces Martin Goldfinch, an ACC appointed director, who has resigned today.

    About Syft Technologies
    Syft Technologies designs and manufactures revolutionary scientific instrumentation that enables instant detection of most gaseous chemicals.

    Customers include:
    • Global companies such as Samsung, LG, SC Johnson, Ford, and Kraft Heinz Company.
    • Universities such as Harvard, Stanford, Imperial College and Cleveland Clinic.
    • Government agencies such as Australian and Canadian Customs.

    In a diverse range of industries including semiconductor manufacturing, pharma, vehicle testing, environmental monitoring, and food and flavour research. Syft instruments deliver a combination of unique attributes: high selectivity, very low limits of detection, high throughput, ease of use, and very low total cost of ownership. Syft provides class-leading after-sales support.

  17. #17
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    3,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Syft Market Release of Unaudited Results for FY2019

    Syft delivers operational revenue of $21.0m up 70%.
    Operating profit of $4.8m up 343%.
    Letter of Intent with Semiconductor manufacturer, Micron, turns in to purchase orders worth NZD$13.3m to date.

    Performance Highlights (NZD)

    Strong sales growth and recurring revenue
    • Syft continues to achieve consecutive years of high growth with sales up a record 70% YOY.
    • Growth rates continue to increase as more sales creates more customer advocates.
    • Staff increase 35% from 78 people to 105 people.
    • Many new large-scale customers and reorders from existing customers.

    Corporate milestones
    • We have successfully opened an office in Korea, which is helping to strengthen our position in the Semiconductor market.
    • We have employed Jihoon Lee, based in our Korean office, as our sales leader.
    • We expect to make more senior appointments in production, development, and sales, as the scale and footprint of our business increases. Many of these positions will be overseas based.
    • We have introduced a next generation “Infinity” instrument, that delivers much higher performance specifications, and this is driving our growth in the Semiconductor market.

    Changes to the Board of Directors
    As part of a planned Board re-fresh Syft announces today the appointment of Desh Edirisuriya as a Director.

    Desh has a high level of expertise in R&D, manufacturing operations, quality management systems and business improvement methodologies, a skill set very relevant to Syft’s specialist manufacturing demands. He knows the company well having acted as a consultant in recent times. Desh will bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the table and as the pace of instrument production continues to grow his skill set will be highly valuable to Syft. Desh currently serves as the General Manager Business Excellence for Fisher and Paykel Healthcare. Desh replaces Martin Goldfinch, an ACC appointed director, who has resigned today.

    About Syft Technologies
    Syft Technologies designs and manufactures revolutionary scientific instrumentation that enables instant detection of most gaseous chemicals.

    Customers include:
    • Global companies such as Samsung, LG, SC Johnson, Ford, and Kraft Heinz Company.
    • Universities such as Harvard, Stanford, Imperial College and Cleveland Clinic.
    • Government agencies such as Australian and Canadian Customs.

    In a diverse range of industries including semiconductor manufacturing, pharma, vehicle testing, environmental monitoring, and food and flavour research. Syft instruments deliver a combination of unique attributes: high selectivity, very low limits of detection, high throughput, ease of use, and very low total cost of ownership. Syft provides class-leading after-sales support.

    I wondered why there was recent interest, now I know/

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    It seems that interest in this company increases. The unaudited results for FY2019 are very positive. The sp rises.
    So far, so good. At this stage I am very enthusiastic!

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    280

    Default IMHO Has potential

    Quote Originally Posted by garfy View Post
    It seems that interest in this company increases. The unaudited results for FY2019 are very positive. The sp rises.
    So far, so good. At this stage I am very enthusiastic!
    https://www.syft.com/wp-content/uplo...eport-2019.pdf
    disclosure I have some

  20. #20
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    14,579

    Default

    Syft agm.
    Agm started at 1pm.Outgoing Chair R Richardson spoke well.Then handed over to MD Don Hastie,whose enthusism radiated.He then handed over to the CFO,who spoke well.We then heard from another four or five staff who included, sales,R & D,production etc .All spoke well.Then we saw an excellent video of what and where they do things.All incredibly postive.
    Concentrating on Semicom and Enviroment,however still working on other areas,such as ;pharmaceutical industry,breath research and food processing.
    Air monitoring.Only manufacturer of "real time" equipment.So no need to send samples to laboratories.This is very important.
    Used in container safety,outdoor air quality,odour emissions,indoor air quality,vehicle emissions,and laboratories.
    Staff numbers have increased from 46 in 2017 to 101 in 2019 and today 113.
    Revenue growth 2015 ..6%.......2016..15%..........2017..36% ..........2018..49%..............2019 ..69%
    ROE ...24%............Margin 61% which they are looking to improve.
    MD was asked about listing on NZX.Sorry I should have done some work on that this year,however I have been to busy...lol.
    Most probably the best presentations I have ever seen at an agm.
    A big meeting,with many original shareholders.Had to leave early,however I can only say if you hold Syft shares you are "well postioned".
    After all that I see the presentation is now USX site.Better check my facts?.!
    Last edited by percy; 20-08-2019 at 04:54 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •