sharetrader
Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default TUA - Turners Auctions. A Case Study.

The technical approach.

This chart shows 6 separate indicators. All parameters were selected such that no sell signal was generated by the low of March 2004. You can see that all 6 indicators triggered Sell signals over a short period of time in September 2004, not long after TUA had peaked.

In the following 3 years, there have been no buy signals triggered.

Last edited by Phaedrus; 23-02-2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Chart re-attached

Advanced Member

Default The fundamental approach.

This is an excellent example of the lack of correlation that can exist between company announcements and stock performance.

It shows the boundless optimism that some people can sustain in the face of unpleasant reality.

View it as an object lesson in the folly of buying into a downtrending stock and the inadvisability of "averaging down".

Last edited by Phaedrus; 23-02-2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Chart re-attached.

But Phaedrus .... you forget about those dividends

The lucky person who you noted as buying more and then more around $1.20 not that long ago scored a 8 cent special dividend (company can't be doing too bad if it had to give surplus cash back to shareholders ..... maybe thought it safer with them than letting trusted employees looking after it .... ha ha ha). So thats a pretty decent return on those shares eh.

Couldn't help smile with the statement emblazoned across the Turners website ....

..... NEVER PAY TOO MUCH!

Talking

hahahha pharus is remenberts once ya riduculed mes for mys stocks tradings reports on telscom says i optimised its tos geta da best resultss hahahahhaa buts looka at ya graphs ya optimised da indicators to getta da best fit haaaaa ha ya sees sucker tella us da truth haaaaaaaahaaa there no magic a sucker
    da bro in da know hahaa

Advanced Member

Thumbs up

BRO, YOUS IS ONE COMPLICATED JOKER UNDERESTIMATED BY THE MASSES. Old PHAEDRUS can only do a chart after it has happened. After its happened he would hardly stick the lines in the wrong place now would he?. You on the otherhand BRO are a bit like me, not only with your spellin, but you come out with what is going to happen next week, which makes us much more intelligent than someone muckin about with chicken entrails.
    SNOOPY is the one he quoted in the red ink, he like his name sake, not only goes down in flames, but pours petrol on the fire on the way down to put it out. PHAEDRUS gets on the bus at 25 to the hour and jumps off at five past. Your system is a bit like mine BRO the more you explain it the less they comprehend. Nice to see you back. MACDUNK

All Ears on the other channel is still predicting the demise of TUA .... sooner than later by what he says

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    All Ears on the other channel is still predicting the demise of TUA .... sooner than later by what he says
    His latest post is well worth a read before it gets removed which has to happen. I would think it will be removed before it all hits the fan. Macdunk

I suspect All ears has a personal axe to grind. Perhaps as his name suggests he once worked for Turners

Quote Originally Posted by brother coy View Post
    hahahha pharus is remenberts once ya riduculed mes for mys stocks tradings reports on telscom says i optimised its tos geta da best resultss hahahahhaa buts looka at ya graphs ya optimised da indicators to getta da best fit haaaaa ha ya sees sucker tella us da truth haaaaaaaahaaa there no magic a sucker
    Maybe but that long strait red line pointing down says it all dont ya recon?

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    I suspect All ears has a personal axe to grind. Perhaps as his name suggests he once worked for Turners
    Well he answered your question on Sharechat

And I wonder if that rort of TUA overcharging $100 odd on the registration of new imports will actually become mainstream news ....... $20M of refunds would hurt them eh

Like reading All Ears .... good stuff

http://forum.sharechat.co.nz/showthr...p?t=365&page=7