sharetrader
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Napier Port IPO

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Thank you Craigs for giving both my wife and myself generous allocations.
    Great to hear they take care of good clients!

Unfortunately I didn't have a relationship with Craig's or the Co managers of the issue so only got the double minimum firm allocation equating to 5000 shares. This was less than 20% of what I was prepared to spend. Depending on how richly priced the shares get on listing I will pick up more.

Quote Originally Posted by glennj View Post
    Unfortunately I didn't have a relationship with Craig's or the Co managers of the issue so only got the double minimum firm allocation equating to 5000 shares. This was less than 20% of what I was prepared to spend. Depending on how richly priced the shares get on listing I will pick up more.
    You did alright. I got zilch from my broker Chris Lee and wife who has a portfolio managed by Craigs didn't get offered any either
    Last edited by herbert240; 09-08-2019 at 03:26 PM.

I have also just received a generous allocation from Craigs too. I will be taking them all.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by herbert240 View Post
    You did alright. I got zilch from my broker Chris Lee and wife who has a portfolio managed by Craigs didn't get offered any either
    Sign in,as I have just sent you a PM.[personal message].
    Last edited by percy; 10-08-2019 at 09:48 AM. Reason: delet

Given that a lot of punters signed up and got locked into this during a time of more positive market sentiment, and by the time they float sentiment has fallen into the negative, I think many folk could be jumping to get out as soon as these reach the second hand market.

Especially because many punters may be more amateurish due to the way these were advertised via non stock focused channels, and the everyman seems to be reading lots of bad stuff about the share market at the moment.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Given that a lot of punters signed up and got locked into this during a time of more positive market sentiment, and by the time they float sentiment has fallen into the negative, I think many folk could be jumping to get out as soon as these reach the second hand market.

Especially because many punters may be more amateurish due to the way these were advertised via non stock focused channels, and the everyman seems to be reading lots of bad stuff about the share market at the moment.
    I don't think punters would have managed to get many shares,as investors seemed to get first preference,
    POT and SPN held up well today, as did other infrastructure shares, such as SPK,AIA and the power companies,so perhaps they will list at a good premium.?
    Last edited by percy; 15-08-2019 at 09:52 PM.

IMO

Any port in storm springs to my mind.Berth your cash here.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 16-08-2019 at 08:37 AM.

To right JT, you can't really beat infrastructure in a downturn. Characteristics such as a huge moat & reliable cash generation due to it being necessary service. Might go up/down a bit, have the odd average year, however, long-term it's a no-brainer. Ideally yield would be better but probably more capital growth in this business than some other infrastructure companies due to potential expansion. It will be a set and forget investment for me. I secured a few, would have liked more. Will buy some more A2 instead, heaps of value there at current price.
    Last edited by NZSilver; 18-08-2019 at 02:43 PM.

I believe most employees bought shares,that will probably have an boost to the bottom line now they have skin in the game.